Trump begins repealing national park declarations.

tttoadman

WKR
This guy could care less about any monuments or protection of anything. He has one simple agenga, and conservation is not any part of it. I have already sent an inquiry on this to both of my Senators.

This guy could care less about any monuments or protection of anything. He has one simple agenga, and conservation is not any part of it. I have already sent an inquiry on this to both of my Senators.

Why does it have to be a national moment, can it not just be a National Forest?

ChrisS

WKR
Why does it have to be a national moment, can it not just be a National Forest?
I think it has to do with the law authorizing the president to create them. National Parks are designated by congress. Additionally, monuments are protected "permanently" which doesn't always mean that.

I think it has to do with the law authorizing the president to create them. National Parks are designated by congress. Additionally, monuments are protected "permanently" which doesn't always mean that.

he will most likely "just shrink" them. Conservation can be multi use...although some think all public land should be wilderness apparently

Bears Ears is the highlight, but i image the 500 million acres of sea floor are the main goal of shrinkage, as it should be shrunk

Last edited:

elkduds

WKR
His edict to Zinke is to "review" Nat'l monument designations in the last 21 years for legality, which specifically targets Escalante/Grand Staircase in UT and the 2 latest one. It is a political BJ by Trump to UT, where they think your and my federal lands are theirs to drill and mine as they wish.

His edict to Zinke is to "review" Nat'l monument designations in the last 21 years for legality, which specifically targets Escalante/Grand Staircase in UT and the 2 latest one. It is a political BJ by Trump to UT, where they think your and my federal lands are theirs to drill and mine as they wish.

Apparently the citizens of Utah would like their voices to be heard concerning their state.

Personally I think the Antiquities acts needs acreage limitations

elkduds

WKR
Apparently the citizens of Utah would like their voices to be heard concerning their state.

/QUOTE]

Their voices were heard over 20 years' consideration of the proposal. You were specifically referring to the 7 tribes that supported the designation, but couldn't get any leverage against Chaffetz, Bishop, etc. Right?

/QUOTE]

Their voices were heard over 20 years' consideration of the proposal. You were specifically referring to the 7 tribes that supported the designation, but couldn't get any leverage against Chaffetz, Bishop, etc. Right?

I'm sorry I didn't know Chaffetz and Bishop elected them selves and had been in office for "20 years"..... sorry but having to have a President use Antiquities act isn't because the masses arent being heard

How much of Bears Ears was NF? Why not extend the NF boundaries?

Apparently it's an all or nothing approach now a days. So much for compromise

gbflyer

WKR
I personally wish anyone who supports more lands deemed National Monuments (eventually to become National Parks) to have one in their backyard.

elkduds

WKR
I personally wish anyone who supports more lands deemed National Monuments (eventually to become National Parks) to have one in their backyard.

I did, and loved it. For 12 years I lived @ the base of CO Nat'l Monument outside Fruita, CO. Sunrise on the red rocks of Kodel's Canyon was my morning view. On days off I hiked up the only access to that canyon. The Monument was a far better neighbor than the state and county lands adjacent.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I did, and loved it. For 12 years I lived @ the base of CO Nat'l Monument outside Fruita, CO. Sunrise on the red rocks of Kodel's Canyon was my morning view. On days off I hiked up the only access to that canyon. The Monument was a far better neighbor than the state and county lands adjacent.

So before it was declared a National Monument it was a worse neighbor just like the rest of the state and county lands???

JWP58

WKR
This is simply to REVIEW the national monument designations.

Chicken little responses are expected from the "anti anything not democrap" crowd

Trump is the new boogie man.

Last edited:

1signguy

WKR
If there was a single t that as not crossed or an i not dotted I hope they reverse these designations and anything else that has/was done illegally. This country needs to follow the rule of law regardless of who is in office.

I don't want to loose a bunch of land to development or other uses but following the rule of law is a far bigger concern/risk to our greater good than loosing some hunting land...

Isn't Mount Rushmore more or less owned by a private corporation? I visited it last summer with my kids. My annual National Parks Pass didn't get me inside. It was supposedly free to enter. There was a $25 charge to park in the parking garage that was owned by a corporation. The people at the gate were not NP employees, but employees of the corporation that owned the garage. I asked where the free parking was, and was told that there isn't any and the only legal place to park was inside the parking garage area. Needless to say, I was a little upset. We had just visited the Badlands NP where my NP pass got me in, but not Mount Rushmore.

More or less, they sold Mount Rushmore. I just wish I could remember who owned the parking garage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk