Trump begins repealing national park declarations.

You don't seem to know much about Wyoming

Agreed. I don't know a whole lot about Wyoming. Just a historical fact (albeit a fun fact).

Looking at their current license plates I'd assume that Wyoming is thrilled they lost the battle, and the land, to the Feds 70 years ago.

Mount Rushmore is free to get in .You don't have to park in the lot, we've always parked on the road without any issues(it's been a few years now) The department of the Interior uses companies like Xantera to run concessions and hotels etc

To the OP,

I'd be stunned to see Trump, or any other POTUS, reduce the powers of the office. If he repeals any past NM declarations then he opens up any future POTUS to repeal his declarations. Simple politics says that ain't happening.

National Parks is established law. Unless Congress writes a new law there is not a damn thing the WH can do about it. Therefor your thread title is a very poor example of fake news.

And frankly, I'm disappointed so many Roksliders fall for this crap!

To the OP,

I'd be stunned to see Trump, or any other POTUS, reduce the powers of the office. If he repeals any past NM declarations then he opens up any future POTUS to repeal his declarations. Simple politics says that ain't happening.

National Parks is established law. Unless Congress writes a new law there is not a damn thing the WH can do about it. Therefor your thread title is a very poor example of fake news.

And frankly, I'm disappointed so many Roksliders fall for this crap!

Edumacation is a good thing!

Broomd

WKR
It is amazing to me how comments here relate to location demographics. And this isn't meant to be a jab, it's just reality.
And it is why why one looks a national map relating to topics like state debt, state crime etc. it often fits perfectly with the overall political "cradle to grave' narrative coming from those places.

Extreme? Crazy? Trump is none of those things. So say almost everyone that has actually sat down with the man for a one on one. And we're talking hard core dems like Jim Brown. Do I think DJT has issues? Yeah, he probably does, he has an ego the size or Jupiter. But the man IS A BUSINESSMAN, he doesn't play the political game like the scum from either side. And it is why he is our potus for the next 4, and hopefully eight years. Honestly, for not being a politician, he is playing chess when Washington is playing checkers.
His supreme court pic(s) may well define our future lives as sportsmen, and those here that actually utilize anything beyond a bow and arrow should kiss the ground the guy walks on. He may have spared us gunfights in the streets. Although some of you would probably give them up willingly.

I disagree that DJT is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers, and personally I think he is just playing a political game of a different sort. However, those opinions have no bearing on the topic at hand.

The reality is this, DJT CAN amend/alter a national monument. It is undecided if he can rescind one. This EO has nothing to do with national parks, not sure how that came into play. The EO is specific to national monuments.

I fully expect he will amend one or more national monuments. Whether he will try to rescind one, I don't know. If he does it will certainly end up in the court system because no president has EVER rescinded a national monument. I would also expect if he significantly alters the size of a national monument it will end up in court. A significant reduction could be seen in the same light as rescinding one, and would be argued on the basis of altering the original intent of the proclamation.

It is what it is. The world won't end in four years, but it might look much differently for sportsmen. I guess we'll find out as we go.

Gunfights in the streets might be a little extreme hyperbole.

Broomd

WKR
It is what it is. The world won't end in four years, but it might look much differently for sportsmen...

I sure the hell hope so...
And frankly, I didn't vote for him, but I wanted to see something good in Obama. The fact is he got it *all wrong*. "He" got Bin Laden, but I think deep down he regretted the military intervention involved.
The guy was a scumbag in every instance, a blight on our nation's history.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Speculate all you want about "what if," we recognize that as fiction.

Really? Ok, then in your own words you recognize this entire thread of "what if's".......along with any possibilities (what if's) of NF land being turned over to the states as fiction. Correct? Because some of your past posts haven't correlated with posting about fiction.

Murdy

WKR
Twice in the article posted by the OP, it was suggested that lands were protected beyond what was "needed" ("I am in no way opposing the protection of lands that need to be protected" Orin Hatch / "Past administrations have overused this power and designated large swaths of land well beyond the areas in need of protection" anonymous official). I wonder what the Republican criteria is for "need." What sort of land needs protection?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I read through the thread and the article the OP posted. Help me understand the OP's lead-in where he used the phrase "national parks". This issue is not about national parks, but monuments which are two very different things. Seems misleading to me. What am I missing guys?

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
I'm always amazed to see the wide variety of political views one can scrape up on the internet. :)

This. These giant monuments are no friend of hunters. We are starting to feel like we are going to be surrounded by these damn monuments/national parks around here, thank goodness they might be reduced.

I personally wish anyone who supports more lands deemed National Monuments (eventually to become National Parks) to have one in their backyard.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I assumed it was just imprecission

If that word is supposed to be "imprecision", it's not fitting. Precision is related to accuracy and Trump rolling back a national park is way different than a national monument. Maybe all this fake news talk is making me paranoid.

I'm in contact with TRCP right now on this issue and hoping to have a poll up later today that you all can participate in. Trick is drafting it so it accurately captures the issue, unlike the OPs original post lead-in.

Broomd

WKR
I'm always amazed to see the wide variety of political views one can scrape up on the internet. :)

The pervasive statist mindset on this particular forum is shocking, .....again, I base it on largely on where people are from, Kalifornia, Oregon, Illinois, etc..liberal bastions all.
Overall, it's scary how many liberals and Clinton/Bernie voters are on this forum!
We had guys here two months ago DEFENDING THE NAZI-ESQUE E P A. ....seriously? good g*d, I simply couldn't fathom it.

These guys think that liberals somehow have hunters and sportsmen best interests in mind. They are beyond delusional. "National Monuments?" Wake up, guys, we are the enemy to these people!
Pawns, all....

The pervasive statist mindset on this particular forum is shocking, .....again, I base it on largely on where people are from, Kalifornia, Oregon, Illinois, etc..liberal bastions all.
Overall, it's scary how many liberals and Clinton/Bernie voters are on this forum!
We had guys here two months ago DEFENDING THE NAZI-ESQUE E P A. ....seriously? good g*d, I simply couldn't fathom it.

These guys think that liberals somehow have hunters and sportsmen best interests in mind. They are beyond delusional. "National Monuments?" Wake up, guys, we are the enemy to these people!
Pawns, all....

Well I guess that settles it.