Trump begins repealing national park declarations.

topher89

WKR
Wolves, fire and heavy snow (especially this year) have really hammered a precious piece of Idaho and America.

And be advised, they'll cite and boot you if you ride a bicycle in there, walk-in and pull a small game cart, or use a mechanical saw, yet the place can burn to a crisp and little will be done about it.
Welcome to the Federal Government's management.

Why do you think the Federal Government is not doing enough wildfire prevention/control/fighting? Is it because they do not want to or because they can't afford it?

Do you think states or local municipalities can deal with wildfires better than the Feds?

So, your saying the animals on the land should not be included in a land use discussion? Because the two go hand in hand. Again, once you give in to the feds, you give up all control. You can't have it both ways. So yes, I do see the two as one issue.....LAND MANAGEMENT.

By some reactions and comments I wonder how many people actually understand what a national monument is or what that designation means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty619

FNG
Every time I read political crap on here I feel like puking. I'm totally off the subject to a degree but, Jesus Christ you guys. You all drive cars, wear shoes, take meds, have your supper Gucci hi performance gear and eat food. All petroleum products. Do you think that our reliance on other countries for our petroleum addiction is the way to go? No one likes the shit that's goin on so they bitch about drilling and mining on their computer made of again petroleum and oh what's that... minerals! There ya go dummy. And don't you realize this shit has been going on before this? This isn't the first time people bitched about the "elite" screwing them. Long story short get over yourself. So I say drill baby drill to offer our country independence in more way than one... so fire away with ur bullshit anti, elitist propaganda...

Haven't seen the liberals this mad since we took their slaves away:(

Takem

WKR
"So I say drill baby drill to offer our country independence in more way than one... so fire ".

You realize we're are now a net exporter of natural gas but we still buy it from all over the world? I don't mind some "repsonsible" drilling in our country but I don't expect it to make us an closer to energy independence. The oil companies will find ways to make money exporting it and still buy from OPEC.

Broomd

WKR
Why do you think the Federal Government is not doing enough wildfire prevention/control/fighting? Is it because they do not want to or because they can't afford it?

Do you think states or local municipalities can deal with wildfires better than the Feds?

Fighting the fires is the result of neglect. Could the states handle this better, I dunno, I'd hope so. I feel like state residents would have more input on the resource.
The areas should be timbered. I don't g.a.s. about the timber profits, this is about prudent land management. If the areas were carefully heli-logged (not scalped!, thinned) with skilled land managers, the fire fighting wouldn't be necessary. We could let fires naturally occur without fear of total devastation of huge tracts of timber resource. In the Frank, there are places where wildlife simply can't hide, they try to escape fire and they either fall 2000' or get burned with everything else. And stuff takes a long time to grow in that high, parched country.

Fighting the fires is the result of neglect. Could the states handle this better, I dunno, I'd hope so. I feel like state residents would have more input on the resource.
The areas should be timbered. I don't g.a.s. about the timber profits, this is about prudent land management. If the areas were carefully heli-logged (not scalped!, thinned) with skilled land managers, the fire fighting wouldn't be necessary. We could let fires naturally occur without fear of total devastation of huge tracts of timber resource. In the Frank, there are places where wildlife simply can't hide, they try to escape fire and they either fall 2000' or get burned with everything else. And stuff takes a long time to grow in that high, parched country.

Sorry, but the areas shouldn't necessarily be timbered. Do you think the Great Burn of 1909 was a result of neglect? The Forest Service barely even existed, and we really hadn't had a chance to screw things up yet. It still nuked millions of acres, coincidentally sparking the growth of the famed elk herds of the Lochsa and Selway.

I agree with you on better timber management, but there are millions of acres of land outside of wilderness areas that need attention first. Large scale forestry projects, coupled with prescribed burning would greatly decrease future wildfire management costs across the Rocky Mountain states and the Pacific Northwest. They would also create a lot of jobs, should our doublespeak politicians decide to fund it.

Every time I read political crap on here I feel like puking. I'm totally off the subject to a degree but, Jesus Christ you guys. You all drive cars, wear shoes, take meds, have your supper Gucci hi performance gear and eat food. All petroleum products. Do you think that our reliance on other countries for our petroleum addiction is the way to go? No one likes the shit that's goin on so they bitch about drilling and mining on their computer made of again petroleum and oh what's that... minerals! There ya go dummy. And don't you realize this shit has been going on before this? This isn't the first time people bitched about the "elite" screwing them. Long story short get over yourself. So I say drill baby drill to offer our country independence in more way than one... so fire away with ur bullshit anti, elitist propaganda...

Haven't seen the liberals this mad since we took their slaves away:(

Well, this is one of the more well thought and superbly articulated posts I've seen in a while. Good thing it isn't encumbered by broad brush generalizations, assumptions, and nonsensical hyperbole.

Broomd

WKR
Sorry, but the areas shouldn't necessarily be timbered. Do you think the Great Burn of 1909 was a result of neglect? The Forest Service barely even existed, and we really hadn't had a chance to screw things up yet. It still nuked millions of acres, coincidentally sparking the growth of the famed elk herds of the Lochsa and Selway.

I agree with you on better timber management, but there are millions of acres of land outside of wilderness areas that need attention first. Large scale forestry projects, coupled with prescribed burning would greatly decrease future wildfire management costs across the Rocky Mountain states and the Pacific Northwest. They would also create a lot of jobs, should our doublespeak politicians decide to fund it.
We absolutely have agreement on some of this....

Billinsd

WKR
This is simply to REVIEW the national monument designations.

Chicken little responses are expected from the "anti anything not democrap" crowd

Trump is the new boogie man.
Isn't still Bush's fault? I wonder what the anti anything do for a living, burn in the winter and put in their gas tank? Probably tears in their gas tank.

Billinsd

WKR
I did, and loved it. For 12 years I lived @ the base of CO Nat'l Monument outside Fruita, CO. Sunrise on the red rocks of Kodel's Canyon was my morning view. On days off I hiked up the only access to that canyon. The Monument was a far better neighbor than the state and county lands adjacent.
How would have liked it, if all the land used to hunt was a national monument for 100 miles in every direction?

Billinsd

WKR
Well, this is one of the more well thought and superbly articulated posts I've seen in a while. Good thing it isn't encumbered by broad brush generalizations, assumptions, and nonsensical hyperbole.
Amen!! I'll add mine baby mine, harvest timber baby harvest timber, and frak baby frak.

Hunthigh1

WKR

The "haven't seen the liberals this mad since we took their slaves away" was a nice racist closing statement as well.

dotman

WKR
The "haven't seen the liberals this mad since we took their slaves away" was a nice racist closing statement as well.

Exactly how is that racist? Are facts now racist in today's society? Just remember it WAS the republicans that abolished slavery, and as history shows it, the liberals were pretty upset about it.