any 9mm can be re-chambered to take 9x21

bally

Banned
9X21 Caliber - Brass - Small Pistol - Brass Cases

Notice that it uses RIFLE primers? :) Without super lw bullets, and in short barrels it's worthless, but with big, conical hollowbase cavities, and very short, solid copper bullets, the pocket 9mm's can be made to (safely) offer 45 grs at 2200 fps, 500 ft lbs of power, with no more recoil than a Makarov. Recoil is momentum, mass times velocity. 45 grs at 2200 fps is the same thing, recoii wise, as 90 grs at 1100, or 110 grs at 900 fps. If the hollowpoint is split down the center, from nose almost to base, it can be made to fragment at impact, delivering 2 wound tracks per hit, and those frags are hard, sharp-cornered, and unstable. They tend to yaw, go sideways a bit, creating a big wound channel. The Mach II impact speeds (at pocket pistol distances, sub 10m) mean that the temporary gas-cavity WILL do permanent damage to fragile organ tissues. So such tissue as ends up "between" the 2 permanent cavities gets destroyed. The effect is a 3/4"x 1.5" (average) wound track thru the target. The problem is, such ammo is AP. It's not illegal to possess, except in CA or ILL (which require a "lead core" for handgun bullets) but the maker would be making cops VERY upset with him. So you have to settle for low-probability stopping-effect in your pocket 9mm, cause the cops dont want you to have stuff that really works.

hodgeman

WKR
Dang...and I only thought 9x21 was a rule beater for countries that won't let its folks carry military cartridges.

A bunch of folks started loading it hot trying to make IPSC "major" with a 9mm and subsequently battered their Hi-powers and Beretta 92s into pulp with it back in the day.

in the states it's mostly history...or the stuff of fantasy as outlined above.

• Banned
OP
B

bally

Banned
fantasy my butt. I carry it every day. Just because you're too cheap and lazy to make some bullets, doesn't mean everyone is such a failure.

• Banned
OP
B

bally

Banned
thank you. not that I believe you mean it, of course

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope not the only one just all the other previous ones are long gone from rokslide

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk