Kifaru Shipping Charges

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Haha...something like that, but I do agree that our prices on shipping small items can be dropped.

We're handling that as I type and hopefully this will help shift everyones fire to a different topic....like mechanical broad heads, boots or how the Gritty Bowmen is now using Sitka gear:) You know, really important stuff like that.

And I am sure Aron is over there laughing at us and rolling his eyes and saying everyone complains on the internet and you know what, I agree with that... We spend thousands on gear and these shipping costs obviously arent breaking us.

But the point is: Its 2017, step your game up. Charge me a reasonable amount for shipping, especially on small items.

Last edited:
OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
Thanks for all the comments everyone!

We've got people working on these issues today and the smaller item shipping issue should be fixed shortly.

The prices for UPS large items won't be changing, but the prices of USPS shipping on small items will be. We ran a lot of numbers over the last few days and the cost of shipping smaller items is our only real glitch.

As I mentioned in my previous post, we have a couple people working on our system today to help it differentiate between items under a pound and allow for USPS first class shipping (the cheapest option) for anything small. The issue we've had (I'm not an expert at this, so keep that in mind) is that we can't offer First Class shipping for large items (USPS won't allow it), but should be offering it for small items since that's the cheapest option. So when you order something small it charges you a higher amount because the system won't allow for a First Class option because it defaults to what the options are for large items.

I probably hacked that explanation up pretty bad, but we are working on it and the cost for shipping smaller items should be fixed after today.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this stuff and we appreciate the support from everyone!

When senior members of a company take time to listen to customers and address issues it is a sign of awesome customer service. Looking forward to the updates and will definitely be making the purchases I have been holding off on.......Thanks again Aron!

Squirrels

WKR
Well if it is going to be cheaper shipping to buy smaller items everyone better go ahead and buy their small items while shipping is still what it is. Cause as soon as they lower shipping cost on smaller items everything will be sold out.....HAHAHAH. A new thread about all small items from Kifaru being sold out will follow shortly after the out of stock notifications hit.

ChrisS

WKR
This isn't necessarily kifaru or even small businesses. One of the disruptions to retail that the internet has caused is brick and mortar stores to close up shop - while online sales are rapidly growing. As far as fixed costs, it's cheaper to run online only: there are no or many fewer retail storefronts, fewer employees, etc. If a widget costs $35 in a store and $35 online, the profit margin is much higher on the online side. Of course, whatever savings show up from not having a physical storefront can be eaten up by shipping (if it's free or discounted).

Shipping costs are where online retailers can differentiate (especially when it comes to items with a minimum advertised price) and in some cases offering discounted or free shipping for small items is probably better being written off as part of the marketing budget.

I didn't read but a few of the first posts. But, UPS is not the USPS. All private entity shippers charge a much higher rate on smaller items versus the USPS. The frame for instance is going to cost about the same with any shipper. Little items is where the USPS shines on price.

And price is all. The quality of service leaves a bunch to desire when using USPS though.

There are several fine sew'ers here that charge a bit less for the product but, way less on the shipping of the product. Because they ship USPS. I just bought a water bottle belt Holster and a small belt pocket shipped for 40% less than Kifaru's shipped. No one says you have to pay what they ask. I too wanted all logo stuff but, until logo company's start paying my bills, I give my money to the guy that offers me the best deal. As long as it's American Made. Little guys got to eat too.

God Bless men

R_burg

WKR
I think a simple phone call to Kifaru could have prevented this post in the first place. But I'm glad it worked out in the end.
Iirc either the OP or someone else did call, and Kifaru said those were the prices.

Kifaru obviously knew that it was too expensive (Aron agreed) and it happened to be changed the next day, so I'd say the thread benefited the community. Alls well that ends well.

Also, thank for jumping in Aron. Now we can get back to being extremely concerned and utterly pedantic about if you wear FL or Sitka. :)

TheCougar

WKR
And this is why we support hunting companies like Kifaru. 24 hours after we start sport-bitching about shipping prices, Kifaru has it fixed on their website. Talk about customer service!

And this is why we support hunting companies like Kifaru. 24 hours after we start sport-bitching about shipping prices, Kifaru has it fixed on their website. Talk about customer service!

Ill drink to that, pretty cool actions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR

My first order from them should deliver tomorrow. I think they will get a lot of my business going forward just because the way they handle things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
Awesome awesome fix. I know they dont make much on the small stuff but Ill still be buying some. Plus think of all the extra kifaru swag that guys will be running around with to advertise for kifaru now

I was pretty bummed when I ordered my gun bearer a year ago and it cost $10+ to send it an hour up the road.

I just checked the website and shipping estimator was a lot lower now. It's good to see that they listen.

2ski

WKR
I just can't hear the name Aron/Aaron anymore with out thinking A-Aron. Thanks Key and Peele. Is there a De-Nice here????
Key & Peele - Substitute Teacher - YouTube

I may order a hat now. Especially now with the new style they have. I didn't care for the hats they had when I bought my pack.