Kifaru Shipping Charges

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Did anyone else order some small items and still not get a ship date? How long does it usually take to ship a shirt?

I ordered one of the new glow in the dark water bottles and a couple of large belt pouches on Tuesday. I got an order being processed email yesterday but no shipping notice yet.

R_burg

WKR
It always seems to take 2-4 days for Kifaru to ship stuff. Just part of the deal with them, not a big deal to me.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i have an order placed a few weeks ago with a 'requested ship date' of yesterday. i'm hoping it arrives tomorrow in time for fathers day. i have however have not received an actual shipping email...

Last edited:

jfronk

FNG
Gjvii, sign up for the UPS My Choice. You can get tracking for all packages that are shipped to your house. All you have to enter is name, email, and address. I had a ship date of 6/13 from Kifaru and got notified when it shipped and was able to track it the whole way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
jfronk thanks for the advice i unfortunately, shipped it to a work address and my choice seems to only do residential. hopefully i'll get some tracking numbers from kifaru tomorrow showing it shipped as they said it would. if not, i'll find a plan b for fathers day

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
These comments HaHa try shipping fuel or tires to Alaska! Better yet try lithium batteries ever since they apparently started blowing up. I'm satisfied with their usps rates.

1signguy

WKR
From a business standpoint, smaller items cost nearly as much as a larger item to pick and pack. Can't remember if Kifaru charges a handling charge but we add $7.50 per box shipped for handling. This is added to FedEx listed rates. We get an average 66% off of FedEx listed rates meaning our shipping department is a very nice profit center.
Kifaru isn't charging enough... :)

Jimbob

WKR
This just grinds me the wrong way. When I pay for a product I expect all expenses to be factored into the price of the product. Doing "extra" little things to make more money just seems wrong to me. I would rather a company raise the price of the product and not try to "ding" the customer with extra semi hidden costs. If you tell me shipping is flat rate then that;s what it is, I have no problem with that. If you tell me shipping costs a certain amount but you are getting a 66% cut on rates and pocketing the extra money then I would never buy from that company again.

Jimbob

WKR
From a business standpoint, smaller items cost nearly as much as a larger item to pick and pack. Can't remember if Kifaru charges a handling charge but we add $7.50 per box shipped for handling. This is added to FedEx listed rates. We get an average 66% off of FedEx listed rates meaning our shipping department is a very nice profit center.
Kifaru isn't charging enough... :)

This just grinds me the wrong way. When I pay for a product I expect all expenses to be factored into the price of the product. Doing "extra" little things to make more money just seems wrong to me. I would rather a company raise the price of the product and not try to "ding" the customer with extra semi hidden costs. If you tell me shipping is flat rate then that;s what it is, I have no problem with that. If you tell me shipping costs a certain amount but you are getting a 66% cut on rates and pocketing the extra money then I would never buy from that company again.

1signguy

WKR

Jimbob- we are very upfront about these costs as each is a line item on your invoice be it an online purchase or other. Our system also calculates any and all taxes, duties and import fees in your native currency so there can be no miscommunication or confusion on the purchasers part. If you want to purchase direct from us we lay out all of the costs. However, if you want to walk into a Home Depot or other retailer and buy our products at a flat rate we are okay with that too. :)

A business is in business to create jobs. We can't do that without making a profit. Does it matter if we make some of that profit through shipping versus amortizing shipping costs into products and charging more? The fact we do it the way we do it adds transparency to the transaction process. Also, how is amortizing those costs into the product sales price fair to people who will call and don't need a box(s) or require shipping?

We share your concern regarding hidden prices and that is exactly why we itemize packaging and shipping cost on every invoice...

Jimbob

WKR
Here is my point: make profit off the price of your product not off the price you charge for shipping. Just my personal opinion.

Now if you do flat rate shipping I don't have a problem with that. If you want to charge a handling fee and your up front about it I'm fine with that. I don't like that a business would tell me it cost $20 to ship and charge me for that but it actually only costs them $6.80. My opinion is that is not upfront and honest but a sneaky way to make more money.

ncstewart

WKR
If I pay double can I get my pack faster! I'm so ready I'll double down on shipping.
For real tho I have called and talked to them a lot before I ordered and there is nothing about them that I feel is sneaky. Just my opinion

MtnMuley

WKR
I placed a small order for a few accessories a couple weeks ago and told them it was for a graduation gift and if they could get it here within 2 weeks I'd really appreciate it. 3 days later my package showed up shipped 3 day express and my shipping total was just over $3. I was impressed.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Also, out of curiosity, I went onto 1shotgear's site to see that they charged for shipping of Kifaru stuff and it appears they are out of everything.

So I was right. Yesterday it was posted on Stone Glacier Facebook that 1 shot Gear will be selling Stone glaicer pack gear.

I dont know if that is why They are out of Kifaru gear though. Im sure they have a new run coming. I believe its fantastic we have a Stone Glacier next to the Kifaru packs to compare. With Kuiu setting up shop in 2018 here in Denver. They have to stay versatile in order to compete.

Stone Glacier.JPG