Prepping A Dog For Long Back Country Travel

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
My lab goes every place I go when in the hills. I also carry a small container of blood stop powder, vet wrap is a must and I carry a few benadryl tablets with in case of bee stings. It seems like every summer my dog will have a bee buzzing around her and the she snaps at it and gets freaking stung. I also carry coated asprin with in case she's obviously hurting and sore during the first few days. We live in Oregon so we're lucky enough to get to hike on the PCT each summer, bad part about that is there's lot of high mountain meadows she likes to run through and once in awhile she will get some grass seed in her eyes, its something I look for as we settle in for the night and carry a small bottle of saline to flush anything she picks up. Once you're used to having a dog with you on the trail they will become your best hiking partner, IMO.
Any Saline Solution in particular you use? Also vet wrap, can this be picked up at a local dog store possibly?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I just get cheap eye wash saline from walmart, over by the stuff for contacts. You can usually get vet wrap at most feed/farm stores. I'm sure pet stores probably have it as well

Tod osier

WKR
Yes on vet wrap at pet store or feed store. They are not all equal. For first purchase buy name brand to see what the standard is. Most brands are good, but I've bought some generic that wasn't very good (bad stick and stretch). Comes in great colors.