What the fudge MTN OPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamm88

WKR
Is the sticker my cupbof tea, no...

But what i know about the company is they are big into marketing, threads like this may seem like bad publicity but it gets there site views. They want chatter and they are getting that, i say good for them, im sure someone is paying for that sticker, just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
i will never understand the sticker n the truck... or any other place , mentality. i just dont get it. here in northern california i have seen some ridiculous kuiu stickers in truck windows of adult males. it seems like such a goofy high schoolish thing to do for any product. The whole fanboy thing is just bizarre. if you are a guide who is paid by the company or compensated through promotional give aways i see the rationale but to just publicly display product trademarks is bizarre to me

Was wondering how long it would take for Kuiu to get dragged into this,Ha!

IdahoElk

WKR
i like stickers 😁
41f077aa6d6478d5c22b8ec9442f301a.jpg

sent from my sm-g935p using tapatalk

fan boy! ;)

Ben

WKR
I limited my visits to this site because I assumed it became more popular by the 'cool, hipster, MTN OPS' crowd. I'll now return to checking for new posts every 2 hours.

Clarktar

WKR
Been waiting for this thread for sometime.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Times change, new things come into fashion and if is not successful it goes by the wayside. It is funny to see some of this stuff, but if someone wants to buy a $15 sticker or wear a flatbill it is their choice. 103 days until elk season begins around here. I can control how prepared I am and I don't worry about the minutia👍

Gobbler36

WKR
This.

I'll add that their customer service has been garbage for me, and their supplements are overhyped (see above) and overpriced. Much higher quality products for similar pricing is available IMO.

I have to disagree with the member who likes the revitalization that this has provided to hunting. They have turned hunting into something "fashionable" and "trendy". Like man buns and fixed gear bicycles. They aren't attracting people with longevity or those who are interested in the conservation efforts. They appeal to people who want tricked out jacked up trucks, flat bill hats, and crazy custom paint jobs on their bows. It's not a lifestyle to them, it's another way to represent themselves fashionably, like accessories. They all want to be "sponsored" and get free gear, not be stewards of the land. They want to take pictures for Facebook and Instagram (most of which are of their gear) and go to trade shows to brag to others about going to trade shows. I personally despise what it's done, and is doing, to hunting

Completely agree, but one good thing is that those people who do it as a fashion trend will eventually fade away, the ones that choose to make a way to put food in the freezer, and care about conservation and the landscapes will stay. The cream always rises to the top

Gobbler36

WKR
I put them in the ranks with crossfit, hush life, and body builders it's all about "look at me, look at me" I'm special.
It's all about satisfying ones ego and attention

SWOHTR

WKR
I love stickers but only if they're free...and even then, they only go on my toolbox. I refuse to make my truck into a traveling billboard.

I put them in the ranks with crossfit, hush life, and body builders it's all about "look at me, look at me" I'm special.
It's all about satisfying ones ego and attention

Soooooo, you are saying they are attention whores? Lol .....i agree with your assessment though.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Oh man, it sounds like there's a bunch of crusty, bitter old dudes posting in here. Show us on the doll where Mtn Ops touched you. As I've gotten older and as my time and mental energy have gotten more constrained, I've learned to not spend either on things that really don't affect me. The new generation of "bro hunter" is alive and well and seems to be growing. A lot of that can probably be attributed to the fashion and "cool factor" of Mtn Ops, UA, etc. I'm certainly not in that camp but I fail to see how it's affecting those of us that come at this thing from a more salt of the earth, steward of the land point of view. As long as the Mtn Ops crowd doesn't devolve and settle into the "brown and down" club, I'm fine with it. Hunting is becoming mainstream "cool" thanks to Mtn Ops and the like and bringing people to our side. Sure some of them won't stick with it but that's fine. The cream always rises.

This reminds me a lot of when Mike Iaconelli hit the pro bass fishing scene back in the day. People were losing their minds. "Oh my god! He's a yankee from Jersey! He listens to rap music and break dances on his boat! His hat's on backwards! He curses in public! This is the end of our sport!" He went on to win a Classic and changed the sport by bringing it more mainstream.

I don't use Mtn Ops as I think 95% of supplements are garbage but the guys who run that deal are spreading a positive message from what I can tell and seem to be genuine ambassadors of the "sport." Whether their followers uphold that or not remains to be seen but it seems a little premature to be sentencing that company and their supporters to death.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I hate social media and all the attention fiends that dominate it, but if Hush and all the "fitness hunters" bother you that much, you probably have some issues to work out. Those kind of statements say more about the person making them than the people they are talking about. I would genuinely love to know what your issue with those people is and how you think it is negatively affecting you or the hunting community as a whole.

There seems to be this famine mentality in the hunting community that I really don't understand. More for them does not mean less for you. Help a guy understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.