Craigslist deal Swarovski EL 10x42

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep, That happened!!! I know we joke around alot about some of the crazy things we see on Craiglist but this was to good to pass up. Picked them up today from the guy. Little dirty but glass is perfect and I am one happy hunter.

T7UxVwc.jpg

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Great deal! My buddy picked up a pair of the SLC's on a garage sale a few years ago for $750.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Was hoping he would leave it up yep a cool grand for them is what I paid so now I'm going to test out Swarovski CS now and send them in for a good cleaning and hope they come back better then new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronb

WKR
How about this deal I got on eBay a couple weeks ago
d3571e35e412b72d740ac70ad994c656.png

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I still had the add up so took a screenshot and posted it. Was a good catch.

Ronb

WKR
The scope had what appeared to be water droplets in the view. The seller disclosed that. That is why I got it so cheap. I called swaro prior to bidding. It wasn't registered. The tech thought it was probably grease in the eyepiece. So when i received it, i called swaro and registered it in my name, sent the eyepiece in for cleaning/and or repair. They said it will be free if there was no exterior damage. My advice is too be patient. The deals are out there. The big 3 take care of there customers, and repair their stuff. 99 times out of 100 it will be free.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I have contacted Swaro nice fella took my info and checked if they where registered which they where not. So I got them registered into the system and setup a Service order to sending them to get them cleaned and seals replaced. They said turn around time is 4-6 weeks. They are now registered to me. He was a super nice guy very helpful. Ive had a lot of questions so I wrote into them yesterday about the EL's I have and he wrote me back and gave me some good history on the EL's I figured Id share it here for those who are wanting to purchase EL's this is good information to have.

1. Since the release of the EL line back in 2000 There have been a total of 3 major changes or versions.
2. The first generation didn’t have HD glass but it was very close. It also didn’t have a fast focus mechanism that eventually changed in 2004. In 2006 we came out with Easy to Clean outer coating. In 2010 we redesigned the entire line and called it the EL Swarovision, the major changes were field flattener lenses for edge to edge clarity, bigger eyepieces for more eye relief, a closer focus up to 4.9ft., All new rubber armor coatings, and True HD glass. In 2015 we made the Swarovision line even better and called it the field pro. We basically improved every accessory that people complained about. The major changes were a new and easier neck strap system, a locking diopter, hinged objective covers, all new field bag, neckstrap, and covers. There was also a change to the rubber armored coating.
3. Swarobright is a prism mirror anti reflective coating optimizes color transmission to 95%, Swarodur is a scratch resistant coating, Swarotop anti reflective coating which allows more light to be transmitted. Swaroclean allows for easy removal and cleaning of tree resin or mineral residue from the lens. Swarovision is an optical system, HD Glass, Field flattener lenses, Extended eye relief and all the coatings make up Swarovision. Field Pro Package is the new accessory upgrade.

Ronb

WKR
The warranty is transferable. So if they have been registered, then you have to get the registered owner to call swaro and switch them into your name. So obviously it's a little more complicated.

dotman

WKR
If they had been registered, does that mean the warranty wouldn't have followed the glass?

No they would reregister them to the new owner but ask you the name of the person you bought them from.

dotman

WKR
The warranty is transferable. So if they have been registered, then you have to get the registered owner to call swaro and switch them into your name. So obviously it's a little more complicated.

Historically as long as you knew the name of the originally registered owner they would transfer it without them calling. Imo this is why you should always register it in your name, less hassle when you go to resell especially if your the 3rd+ owner good luck knowing who originally registered them.