Darktimber Coffee

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I've been seeing this lately. Definitely giving this a try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Finally something that is actual coffee. To many guys saying they like via lol and I'm like groooooossssss

Mtnboy

WKR
Sweet. Ordered up some of the instant packs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I ordered a bag of beans just to try it out. Who doesn't like supporting public lands when buying coffee?

_TONY_

FNG
Hey, guys-

Tony from Darktimber Coffee here! Another member shot me an email letting me know about this thread. First off, thanks so much to you guys who placed orders, we really appreciate the support, and thanks for doing your part in conservation.

In terms of the ASCENT PACKS, they arent instant coffee, they are fresh roasted single brew coffee packs utilizing a specific waffle designed filters that lets the right amount of coffee sediments to pass through, giving the same cup profile as a French press, without the mess. These packs are super lite weight and bio degradable, so you just burry them like other "paper".

Let me know if there is any other questions I can answer. If you want to shoot me an email I'm available anytime at [email protected]

Thanks!!
Tony

wyosteve

WKR
Tony, do you just throw the coffee packet in a cup and add water or do you 'dunk' them like a tea bag? Sounds like an intriguing product. Thanks

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tony, do you just throw the coffee packet in a cup and add water or do you 'dunk' them like a tea bag? Sounds like an intriguing product. Thanks
X2 great question Steve. Also what size is the disk? Can I use it with my current cup size

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

_TONY_

FNG

The quick answer to your question is, both.

The coffee in the ASCENT PACKS needs to bloom, to off gas the o2 from the roasting process, and this is done by agitation in water. This isn't a nessasry step, but with any coffee, it makes the cup quality much better. As soon as the off gassing is complete (20 seconds), the pack will extract for 3-4 minutes.

_TONY_

FNG
Thanks for the question, realunlucky! Can you expand a little more on your current system/cup size? The ASCENT PACKS will make up to a 12oz cup. I like to run mine right at 10oz, but it's all up to the user.

Last edited:

2ski

WKR
Well the girl in the picture is wearing Kuiu....guess these are a no for Shrek. lol

These look pretty sweet. I sent my buddy the link to look at too.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the question, realunlucky! Can you expand a little more on your current system/cup size? The ASCENT PACKS will make up to a 12oz cup. I like to run mine right at 10oz, but it's all up to the user.
Sea to summit insulated mug 16oz
68943cec8e45f191d5bc9d7242b11e86.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
The 5 gallon bucket of Folgers my wife got me from Costco last year finally went empty! Glad to see this Darktimber I will give it a try before she "helps" me out by buying more Folgers.