First Lite Q's

For all the First Lite guys, I'm upgrading to a full layering system. My questions are, how does everything fit? Do I order everything in Large or do I need to go up in size with each layer? Does each layer fit over the one before it in the same size?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For all the First Lite guys, I'm upgrading to a full layering system. My questions are, how does everything fit? Do I order everything in Large or do I need to go up in size with each layer? Does each layer fit over the one before it in the same size?

Thanks in advance

I believe their website says it is sized in order to layer. Order the size that you are and things will work together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
I have had great luck getting all the same size. Customer service is also very good and will answer your questions.

I usually wear a medium in everything, however I ordered a small for their rain jacket, springer vest and uncompaghre vest. They seemed to fit me better, while still allowing me to layer under and over. Not sure this is the case for everyone though.

NDGuy

WKR
If possible, try to find a retail store so you can try them on first. Since all of their sizing is S,M,L etc, you can be all over the place.

I'm 5'6" and wear anything from a S to an XL.

topher89

WKR
If you can, try it on. I am a medium in everything, wear a medium in the Llano but a small in the Chama.

Rolando

FNG
I found the Llano and Wilkin half zip to run true to normal XL sizing, however the XL Chama is a bit big over either of those base layers.

topher89

WKR
I found the Llano and Wilkin half zip to run true to normal XL sizing, however the XL Chama is a bit big over either of those base layers.

Agreed. Medium in the Llano series and a small in the Chama series for me. It is somewhat of a compromise though. The medium Chama was the right length for me and the hood was more comfortable. The small is perfect in the body and the sleeves but shorter than I would prefer.

Rolando

FNG
Thanks everyone, also what are you guys washing them in?

I've used both commercial "free and clear" detergents and Nikwax Wool Wash in my washer's hand wash cycle with an extra rinse. I haven't noticed a difference. I hang dry.

Last edited:

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I asked the guys at FL about washing and they suggested tide free and clear.