Please Welcome The Cooler Tray, and help us test the product

colersu22

WKR
I might have missed it on their website but what are the dimensions of the tray? I will be following this thread especially since one of the testers has the RTIC 65 like I do and this seems like a great solution to soggy food.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, selection process is done, no more entries please. I sent the orders this morning and all of you listed in post #8 should have seen the email cc.

Once you all receive the trays, get some time on them then start posting on this thread please.

willidru

WKR
This product was on a Podcast (Jay Scott I believe). Sounded like a great product, can't wait to see reviews.

16Bore

WKR
That's one of those things that's so simple it's stupid. Pretty slick. I could see something along those lines just becoming an integral part of a color though.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow this got here quick. I'm excited to check it out more
e181992dbd94e38a986db8a1b0905773.jpg
604cf396488ed8f473d0a53d69ff8cd8.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snaps together everything labeled A or B so simple even I couldn't mess up assembly
67c95730d5ec549673ff3cf753968cff.jpg
2aca34269248642d27f64ff621dc76b2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
When I got home from the Train to Hunt Challenge I was surprised to see that the cooler tray had already arrived.
I am using them in a Yeti 45 and a Grizzly 40.

This is the typical way I run my 2 coolers because I hate the watery mess and In my experience block ice lasts longer. It does take up a bit of room in my small coolers but it works for me up to 4-5 days. I usually separate food in one and drinks in the other.
0d1ac65df8f41ede35ba90feeb0312fe.jpg
fdd7d5edaff15756b097649bbf458a31.jpg

The packaging is well put together with good instructions.
24420ab74f9138cc75d46fbd4c8aa2b4.jpg
8a5dd4711757e96f75e77f93971b9d57.jpg
a54cee06c10f4d9bb116205b3fd5c1da.jpg

I did have some issue with snapping the legs in. You will need to make sure you have it on a flat surface and a block of wood or maybe a small hammer to get them to snap in.
3d14576bccf3d94bac7a088f025369fc.jpg

Here is where it got a little interesting.
Fitting it for length.
With the trays collapsed as small as they would go they did not fit in either of my coolers.
b7b9f30044593c2fb962d8fc4ae7186f.jpg
2647ce23f861d9d7b31b4e21f037368f.jpg

I'm sure with a little modification I could get them to work but I think it would be better to have the company change the specs on what size coolers it would fit.
I would also recommend that they radius the corners a little more so that they fit better. How many coolers out there have tight 90°corners. If that was done I'm sure it would fit my Yeti 45.
I think instead of modifying it to fit my cooler I will pass them on to Justin Crossley to test. He showed interest in it and he is close. And it never is a short visit with his insightful knowledge of things hunting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Wabowmen, good feedback. I can't remember when we ordered them, did Cooler Tray give us a heads up that these might not fit those coolers? There was one person in our test that they said the cooler might not work with the tray, but I can't remember who it was.
Well sorry they didn't work, but that's why we do these tests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Wabowmen, good feedback. I can't remember when we ordered them, did Cooler Tray give us a heads up that these might not fit those coolers? There was one person in our test that they said the cooler might not work with the tray, but I can't remember who it was.
Well sorry they didn't work, but that's why we do these tests

Yes it is why. I looked at the specs before replying and it did say that it would fit. I could modify it but that wouldn't be a true test because I'm sure someone out there would be disappointed if they had to do that.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is why. I looked at the specs before replying and it did say that it would fit. I could modify it but that wouldn't be a true test because I'm sure someone out there would be disappointed if they had to do that.

Agreed. I'd be that guy who'd want to open the package, put in the cooler and head for the hills.

aeasley10

WKR
Count me in!! I have an RTIC 65, Canyon Cooler 35 and RTIC 20. I can test this in the hot humid heat of KS easily by July, too bad he doesn't make a smaller size to fit the 20 but will probably fit my 35 since it is similar in size to a Yeti 45 and definitely fits the 65.

How do u like your RTIC 65 & how does it compare to the Canyon? I've read good things about the Canyon. I have a Bison Cooler 75qt that I tested against a Yeti 65, same conditions same amount of ice. The Bison held ice for just over 7days & the Yeti still had ice at 10 days, so I'm looking for better performance at a lower price than the Yeti.

Thanks for your feedback

Randle

WKR
20170606_175419.jpgWell mine showed up Saturday. This products looks well built and sturdy. I started assembling the legs to the platform and found it did require alittle force to get them in.Since there are already pictures posted of the product out and on the table I won't post anymore.
After our move we have had things in different locations so I went to the storage unit to get the cooler. It is a coleman extreme (70 qt I believe). Went to set it down in and found it doesn't fit to the bottom. Hum . Should I buy a new cooler or send this to some one else?
Decisions decisions. Really bummed cause it looks like it will work well

dotman

WKR
How do u like your RTIC 65 & how does it compare to the Canyon? I've read good things about the Canyon. I have a Bison Cooler 75qt that I tested against a Yeti 65, same conditions same amount of ice. The Bison held ice for just over 7days & the Yeti still had ice at 10 days, so I'm looking for better performance at a lower price than the Yeti.

Thanks for your feedback

I think the RTIC 65 is a great value when it was on sale and probably at its usual price but the quality of build goes to the Canyon and mine is from the boneyard, a factory 2nd but it has only a tiny imperfection in the outside finish. Haven't done a side by side comparison of them.

The Cooler tray showed up a few days ago but haven't had a chance to test it out or fit it yet.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
wabowman dropped the trays at my house last night but since my son had baseball I didn't have time to drag the cooler out and test the fit. I'll let you guys know how it goes with my KYSEK 100 liter cooler

878c74e950cfc0839eeeb3d309af8765.jpg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Actually had an email from Bryan Kendrick, CEO of Cooler Tray, waiting for me after I left this thread. He's aware of the fit issue and is revaming the instructions. They will fit those coolers. The trays are meant to be cut down for coolers without an ideal fit. He'll be on here later this morning to clarify. Watch for "Bryan K."

This is why we like semi-live reviews, we find problems fast.

Bryan K.

FNG
Custom Fitting Your Cooler Tray: Bryan with The Cooler Tray

Hey you guys, so excited you get to try out the Cooler Tray™. I wanted to address the sizing issues:

Loving the Feedback, since reading your comments we are updating the sizing chart online with a heading letting users know up front about the ability to customize/alter the Tray, and we will add an addendum to the instruction cards letting people know that The Cooler Tray™ was made to be altered for those smaller sizes. You simply cut or trim with a hack saw, knife or table saw (whatever you got) down to size, Length and width. It doesn't have to be pretty, just keep you food out of the water!

Every cooler Brand and the way they size is different, We made the cooler tray to easily fit into a majority with it's standard sizing, yet we made it out of plastic so you can literally do what you want as far as custom fitting; and still have the structure of our product serve your needs. We've had tons of happy customers alter their Cooler Trays. But it looks like we could communicate that better up front, thanks for the feedback.

Typically for the smaller cooler sizes you have to shave an inch off the width, and it should fit perfect. You can also trim some off the length for those 40 and 45qt's you have. Or you can even just cut the Tay labeled "B" to fit the width and leave some space on the length open where you could stack drinks to keep them in the water.

For those of you needing to alter it, please feel free to post or even send us pics and/or videos so we can tag you and share on our website and social media outlets.

Excited for you all to use these, it makes such a difference. Thanks all

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There you go guys. Let us know how the mod goes.

Wabowmen, if it's not too late you should back out on the deal with Justin, he gets plenty of gear!

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
There you go guys. Let us know how the mod goes.

Wabowmen, if it's not too late you should back out on the deal with Justin, he gets plenty of gear!

He has them now so I will let him go with them. It sounds as though he won't be needing to alter them so If needed I could get them back from him after his review. That is if we need more feedback on altering them.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, it's been a busy afternoon but I grabbed a few pics to help people figure out if the trays will fit in their coolers without modification. With the legs installed the trays sit about 2" up from the bottom of your cooler.

Minimum length without trimming.
IMG_2932_zpscymctmuf.jpg

Minimum width without trimming.
IMG_2933_zpsqu31c4a7.jpg

Width with the extensions installed.
IMG_2935_zpsykduihcu.jpg

About the max length with both pieces extended.
IMG_2937_zpsvpybnbkf.jpg

Both trays slid all the way together.
IMG_2936_zps0hkkcwkv.jpg