Please Welcome The Cooler Tray, and help us test the product

Randle

WKR
20170716_152554.jpgOk so the hand is almost healed. I am going on a montana trip with the wifey so I got the cooler tray out to to get ready for the trip. As stated earlier it does not fit all coolers and a little trimming was in order. For this I looked at several options. Jigsaw. No to rough cut. Sawzall no too violent. Handsaw. Ok but would probably stick and bind. So I grabbed the Ole trusty razor knife. That was just the ticket. I started with light pressure for my guide cut and then each slice after was alittle more pressure. 3 slices and then a bend .once bent 1 last slice at the 90 and it was modified. Now it fits like a glove. . More to follow as we leave friday.View attachment 54156View attachment 54156

Last edited:

TXCO

WKR
A thought for a combo of food/drink storage is to add a vertical divider to the ice tray. This way you could keep food dryer and separated from drinks and still above the ice melt. It also would allow for some frozen milk jugs to be used since theyre taller (if the tray only went say halfway across the bottom which would also keep the water colder). Any ice that melts on top of the food, sinks below the tray still.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, if you took the Cooler Tray, you should have posted feedback by now. Is there anyone who hasn't posted yet?

Randle

WKR
Hey Robby I guess I missed the face book thing. I can have my wife put something out. Maybe . She will

Randle

WKR
20170725_192621.jpgWe got back from our trip to Glacier and hit the ground running. This cooler tray is a great addition to my drink cooler. I used ice in the bag to see how this faired. It worked prefect ti keep drinks out if the drain Water. View attachment 56627

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Randle, looks good. You might have misread my post, no Facebook required unless you want to. Thanks for taking part in this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just got home from a from a ten day trip into the West desert of Utah. I had a few coolers along but packed most my food into the Coleman with the cooler tray. Drinks in a separate cooler and a couple coolers full of just ice in case I needed to chill a deer quarter or two.
Anyway everyone was impressed that no water got into the lunch meat packages or the cheese.We started at 4am and got back to camp around 10 every night. Nice to not have to worry about ice melt water when hurrying getting things out or throwing them back in.
I had a vacuum sealed bag of steaks leak blood from a tiny hole. It was awesome that it simply drained under the tray and avoiding contamination of everything in the bottom of the cooler.
I was glad to have the cooler tray on this trip where it was over 85 everyday. Thanks for letting me try this out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk