Please Welcome The Cooler Tray, and help us test the product

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,
Travis Bertrand and I saw this product at the Salt Lake Expo and were intrigued to say the least. The demonstrations were convincing enough that we decided to partner with The Cooler Tray company as an official sponsor. You'll see their new banner on the Antelope forum.

We've arranged for 7 trays to be tested. Travis and fellow Rokslide writer, Josh Boyd, will be reviewing them in their upcoming summer cooler reviews, but I'd like to recruit 5 members to use them under varying conditions and report back on this thread by early July on what their thoughts were.

If you'd like to participate, please post up in the comments below:

1) where & what conditions you'll be using The Cooler Tray in,
2) what cooler or cooler(s) you'll use.

Once I have at least five entries with different conditions and coolers, I'll choose five and send out the trays. Please don't enter if you can't meet the early July deadline. All feedback will be posted on this thread and we'll need photos and/or video too!

Here's a link What Every Cooler Needs | The Cooler Tray
and a little more about The Cooler Tray and a video:
attachment.php

Inventor Bryan Kendrick said the impetus for the design came from the continual hassle of having to throw away spoiled food that had grown soggy and/or contaminated in the melted ice water. The patented design​ ​is a simple, perforated tray that users put into the bottom of their cooler before filling it with food and ice. Small legs on the bottom of the tray allow space below it for the melted ice water to collect and remain separate from the food.

The tray also makes the ice last longer. Results have varied, Kendrick said, but he has seen results that suggest ice will last up to 48 hours longer because the ice is no longer sitting in melted water causing it to melt faster. The Cooler Tray​™​ was designed to be universal, meaning it will fit most brand coolers from Igloo and Coleman to Yeti and Grizzly.

The tray adjusts both lengthwise and widthwise and can be used in cooler sizes from 40 quarts up to about 110 quarts. Its design provides enough support for up to 80 pounds of food and beverages.

The tray’s height allows for about 15-20 pounds of ice to melt and collect below the tray without the user having to empty the cooler. The Cooler Tray​™ ​can be purchased ​from Ice-Olate’s ​website​ and ​Amazon​ online.

<strong>[video=youtube_share;b8D1sKl3vsQ]https://youtu.be/b8D1sKl3vsQ[/video]

attachment.php

Last edited:

WKR
I'd love to be part of this.
Besides being a hunter I am also a rafter. And rafters are probably the only people that take coolers more seriously than hunters (go to mountainbiker.com to find thread after thread over the years).

We put our coolers, and their contents, through hell on a regular basis in places where getting in or out for resupply simply isn't an option.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I keep my RTIC 65 cooler in the bed of my truck all year long. Summers in the South might be a good test for this product.

Randle

WKR
It would be great to give these a try, I will be using it in a coleman extreme and it will be mounted in the trailer behind my Grizzly 700 towed on a weekend atv trip. Should be a good test over various Idaho mountain roads and trails.
Thanks

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
I would also be willing to put the cooler tray though some testing. I would be using it in either a Yeti 45 or a Grizzly 45. I run my cooler for all kinds of fishing and camping trips here in Wa from the coast to the desert on the east side of the state.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Count me in!! I have an RTIC 65, Canyon Cooler 35 and RTIC 20. I can test this in the hot humid heat of KS easily by July, too bad he doesn't make a smaller size to fit the 20 but will probably fit my 35 since it is similar in size to a Yeti 45 and definitely fits the 65.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm interested in testing this. I live and play in the high desert. This would be great for the multiple scouting trips I'll be doing for my West desert Vernon early archery tag. Hopefully I still have a spring bear tag for early June. That trip is still uncertain though. I'll also be doing plenty of camping with the family. I have multiple coolers from cheap Coleman's to canyon coolers. I think this would be perfect for my square raft cooler where it's twice as tall as it wide. It's that cooler downfall ice melt than everything sitting in the water.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
there's our five testers right there:

N2TRKYS
Randle
Wabowmen
Dotman

realunlucky

Get me an email coming to [email protected] with cooler specs, shipping address asap, and I'll hook you up with The Cooler Tray guys and get these coming.

Thanks All!

406, you didn't specify a cooler. Get me a cooler spec and I'll see if I can add a 6th tester, but no promises.

If people would like to follow this thread once posting starts, just subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of lead post and you'll be notified when we start posting.

WKR
Yeti 120 is the primary. Coleman marine 65 is the secondary.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
406, send me an email with the info specified in post #8 and I'll see what I can do.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Subscribed! I'm interested to see how these perform for everyone. I hate water getting on everything in my coolers. Be sure to take a lot of pictures guys! I don't read very well.....

dotman

WKR
there's our five testers right there:

N2TRKYS
Randle
Wabowmen
Dotman

realunlucky

Get me an email coming to [email protected] with cooler specs, shipping address asap, and I'll hook you up with The Cooler Tray guys and get these coming.

Thanks All!

406, you didn't specify a cooler. Get me a cooler spec and I'll see if I can add a 6th tester, but no promises.

If people would like to follow this thread once posting starts, just subscribe at "Thread Tools" top of lead post and you'll be notified when we start posting.

Thanks!! Email sent.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
My email is sent in also.
Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Oh brother, where has this product been!? I had a similar idea and thought about making one out of wood (I'm a carpenter, all I know is wood) but never went through with it due to the idea of blood soaking into the porous material.

Can't wait to see how they hold up.

DIYslide

FNG
Texas Panhandle abused in the back of a truck in the oilfield (HOT, dusty and bumpy roads). I run 2 different yetis, and can expand to igloos and rtic for a full report. We not only carry drinks, but also food as sometimes when we leave the house, we're not sure when we'll get home. Interested in the reviews regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk