Floating the Missouri River East of UL Bend

Titan_Bow

WKR
I am looking to do a second hunt into the Breaks for elk or deer next year. My first trip, I backpacked into a spot east of the UL Bend area. I ended up hiking about 6 miles to a really good spot. On my next trip into this area, I was thinking about going in by water. How feasible is a canoe, say covering 10 miles, on this part of the Missouri? This section is really more Peck Res. is this really too big a waters to easily canoe? Would I be better off with a motor boat? Or would I be better off concentrating west of 191 ?

Thanks for any feedback

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
3 of us are looking to do a canoe float through the Missouri Breaks this coming season. We drew tags, and are slowly prepping. None of us have been there before, so it is all new to us. We are thinking of floating a section considerably upstream of CM Russell - but the problem is there don't seem to be many takeouts. I think we'll be committed to a 50 mile float. This has me a bit concerned due to possible weather! And if we get some animals, how do we keep them from spoiling (if it's somewhat warm). I've read that you can't easily filter the water, so you have to take all of it with you... Lots of logistical puzzles to figure out. The one thing I have read and heard is that Fort Peck swallows boats. Like 24' boats when the wind kicks up. Apparently it's no joke. There is a Facebook group called Missouri River Paddlers that consists of many people that canoe and kayak the Missouri from the headwaters all the way to the Mississippi River on down to the gulf. They are a wealth of information when it comes to preparations and paddling logistics, although the majority don't seem to give up info if you tell them you are hunting...