German Shepherd Breeders - CO area

Anyone know of a reputable and reasonably priced GSD breeder?

Not truly in the market for hopefully many years to come. My current girl is only 2, but I'd like to look/weigh some options in case I want to get a companion for her.

OP
A
I got her out in WA when i was living in OR. And unfortunately the breeder has retired or I would seriously consider the drive back out there for another. I would be willing to travel out of state as well. As long as I can make it there and back on a weekend.

OR Archer

WKR
Our breeder is out of Pendleton Oregon. I forget the kennel name but will find it and post it later. We've had two pups from there and been very happy.

OP
A
Pet/Companion. I might want to go through protective training, but maybe not. Dog I have now I trained myself, and although she isn't a guard dog by any means, she alerts at home, very skeptical of people approaching. I feel like that is the breed in general; hence why I went with a GSD in the first place.

Thanks guys for posting kennels; I guess I should have made it more clear; I am looking more in the CO area for a breeder. I will look into the few posted and if I can't find anything else; might be making a vacation back out there for one.

elkduds

WKR
Please disregard the nonprofessional backyard breeders that populate Craigslist and the internet, and fill shelters w pups that get euthanized. They are bad for pups, bad for owners, bad for the breed. Sermon concluded.

Please disregard the nonprofessional backyard breeders that populate Craigslist and the internet, and fill shelters w pups that get euthanized. They are bad for pups, bad for owners, bad for the breed. Sermon concluded.

Exactly! One with personality issues is a huge liability.I'm on my 6th shepherd since childhood.In my opinion its worth a drive to get good genetics(phys. issues)and bred for temperment. I would be careful about getting one from a litter bred for police or mil. work,that level of intensity is allot to deal with for a pet.I would also avoid people boasting about breading huge dogs

OP
A
I'm on board with the last 2 posts. Before buying my first one I did a ton of research, on breeders in the area; called all of them, looked for reviews or recommendations.

When you are spending that much on a pure bred dog, I expect certain things

Akicita

WKR
Anyone know of a reputable and reasonably priced GSD breeder?

Not truly in the market for hopefully many years to come. My current girl is only 2, but I'd like to look/weigh some options in case I want to get a companion for her.

Send me a PM. . . I am a K-9 handler and have a recommendation for a person South of Denver that I have full confidence and trust in. I will reply with his name, number and email.

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I've never had Shepherd's, but had quite a few Labs and other pointers and generally speaking Tim in Wa is spot on. Genetics is by far the most important thing to look into and I'd definitely steer clear of the "huge" dogs too, because they tend to develop bone/joint issues later in life. I for sure wouldn't use a backyard breeder. Good luck.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
Not close to CO and not cheap but this is where our GSD came from. He is an amazing dog and is exactly what my girlfriend was wanting. She told them what she was looking for and they set her up with the perfect dog.
Sequoyah German Shepherds
9c1412ab7171d9547b8212d3f9e4ca4d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Great looking dog. TN is probably too far for my liking but I'll keep them in mind.
Not looking to breed, she is spade. Just looking for future purchasing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk