How many days this fall hunting?

Tag_Soup

WKR
WA archery elk - 2 weekends - 5 days

ID elk - if I draw, 14 straight days, otherwise, 6 days archery

ID mule deer - realistically 4-6 days between early and late archery unless I draw limited rifle

WA blacktail - 4-10 days of weekends, determined by success.

So realistically, 21-28 total days.

I will however be trying to take a week to do Arizona OTC archery in January for the first time, if that counts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Between spring turkey, whitetails in the midwest and my annual 8-10 week rd trip out west to where ever I draw tags, I am typ around 100 days. It depends on how efficient I am at tagging out. This year is looking like it could be on the high side due to a ounce in a lifetime tag in Idaho, but who knows.

OP
ncstewart

ncstewart

WKR
Man some of y'all making me a little jealous of how many days y'all get to put in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
10 days in CO for Elk
2 weeks in Missouri for Whitetail
Prob 30 plus for OK whitetails
Everyday I'm off during season for ducks

Rob T

FNG
15 days for elk or deer. Handful of days for grouse, chukar, partridge and turkey. I am also jealous of some of the counts on this board. Good work, fellas.

150-200 days plus fishing and Bowfishing.
13 states and provinces last fall.

In 2007 I spent everyday besides 5 from May 14th to December 3 fishing or hunting. That's 194days if I remember correctly.

That's a job. I can not imagine hunting 200 days a year.

Last year I hunted in days no clue, maybe 80 or so.. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Michigan, South Dakota, Oregon, and all over New Zealand.

I don't fish anymore. After killing In the hundreds of thousands of halibut and salmon and cod I gain no satisfaction in fishing with a rod and real besides a meal.

2peterhunter

Lil-Rokslider
In 2007 I spent everyday besides 5 from May 14th to December 3 fishing or hunting. That's 194days if I remember correctly.

That's a job. I can not imagine hunting 200 days a year.

Last year I hunted in days no clue, maybe 80 or so.. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Michigan, South Dakota, Oregon, and all over New Zealand.

I don't fish anymore. After killing In the hundreds of thousands of halibut and salmon and cod I gain no satisfaction in fishing with a rod and real besides a meal.

Since the first of the year I have hunted snows, deer in OK, late cow elk, two separate hog hunts in OK, spring bear, four separate turkey tags, and bow fished 40+ nights. My falls are even more busy.

Stwrt9

WKR
If my wife could answer she would say "way to much" but for me i would say not enough as i always wish i could spent more time doing what i love. She just doesn't understand the tranquility of it all, top that off with having 2 young kids and i get her side of it.

With that being said this past fall I spent 62 days/sits of actual hunting. that doesn't include time scouting, practicing, etc. as that adds quite a few days as well. This past fall was broken up into CO elk, PA Deer, PA Bear and i hope to do it all again this year.

I say every year that i'm going to be more efficient in the days i hunt and not hunt as much or shoot something early. But those plans usually go by the way side, as I've always felt you can't kill anything sitting on the couch plus it allows me to be more patient in waiting to take a more mature animal. I have noticed that the more i get into western hunting the harder it is to hunt whitetails out east. It's just not the same and certainly isn't as exciting. I guess for my wife's sake it's a good thing we don't like out west!

bz_711

WKR
Not enough I know that...but I'm in thick right now with 4 kids aged 6-13 and I coach/assist for every sport/activity they are involved in. I love every second of it, but it now means my 5-6 days of elk hunting each year is more than I spend chasing deer locally (3 days last year). The upside is that the 2 oldest are now hunting the youth seasons and squeezing in a few other hunts before basketball games which gets us out together...I have no problem if I'd never carry a weapon again as long as I'm along to teach them and be there for their hunt...really looking forward to getting my 2nd oldest his first deer this year...and then God-willing get to do the same for #3 and #4...then they will all be ready to take to the mountains and that sounds like heaven (not enough High country in Illinois :( )

If my wife could answer she would say "way to much" but for me i would say not enough as i always wish i could spent more time doing what i love. She just doesn't understand the tranquility of it all, top that off with having 2 young kids and i get her side of it.

With that being said this past fall I spent 62 days/sits of actual hunting. that doesn't include time scouting, practicing, etc. as that adds quite a few days as well. This past fall was broken up into CO elk, PA Deer, PA Bear and i hope to do it all again this year.

I say every year that i'm going to be more efficient in the days i hunt and not hunt as much or shoot something early. But those plans usually go by the way side, as I've always felt you can't kill anything sitting on the couch plus it allows me to be more patient in waiting to take a more mature animal. I have noticed that the more i get into western hunting the harder it is to hunt whitetails out east. It's just not the same and certainly isn't as exciting. I guess for my wife's sake it's a good thing we don't like out west!

I can relate to the loss of excitement hunting whitetails after hunting out west. I do hunt them as much as possible and I really enjoy it. However, after hunting for elk, whitetails in the east setting in a stand just don't come close. When I read your post I once again begged my wife to move out west. I love my kids, brother, sister, mom, dad, and grandkids as much as anyone. But, I love me too. So far, she isn't on board. But, I'm trying.:D God Bless men