XM radio listeners

NEhunter

WKR
Anyone here using or have been a subscriber to SiriusXM radio? I have a trial subscription with a vehicle purchase that will be ending soon and was thinking about keeping it going but am a little worried that cancelling may become a pain once they have my billing info when I decide to cancel. Just wondering what the customer service experience has been like with XM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
Just call in to cancel... they will send you to retentions and you can work out a deal with them. For the service level I have, I won't pay more than $5/month (+tax and fees). I end up with 5 months at a time and just set a reminder to call and cancel about a week before the subscription expires. If they don't offer me the same deal, I'll just cancel it.

-David

Brendan

WKR
I call them and threaten to cancel every 5 months until they re-up me on a promotional rate of $25 for the next 5. I basically tell them it isn't worth it to me at the higher rate. You do have to call them before your promotional plan expires or you do revert to a higher rate. The $5 a month is worth it to me...

I will let them take a one-time payment on my card, but I also tell them it is a one-time payment and I don't want the card information stored.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I will add that they continue to call me after i cancelled. I get about 3 or 4 calls a yr. Xm didnt bring anything to the table that i couldn't due on my phone useing bluetooth.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just call in to cancel... they will send you to retentions and you can work out a deal with them. For the service level I have, I won't pay more than $5/month (+tax and fees). I end up with 5 months at a time and just set a reminder to call and cancel about a week before the subscription expires. If they don't offer me the same deal, I'll just cancel it.

-David

David nailed it =-)

woodmoose

Lil-Rokslider
I had the trial, let it run out,,,,,signed back up when they offered me the 5 for 25 deal,,,,,I like XM,,,our local stations stink,,,,and phone coverage to spotty out this way to use for telephone calls much less anything else,,,,,,(wife says I moved her beyond the boondocks),,,,,,

OP
NEhunter

NEhunter

WKR
Sounds great guys, think I'll keep it . Best offer I've gotten so far before mine runs out at the beginning of July is 1 year for 100$.

Last edited:
I had them as a trial when I purchased my car. I've never spent enough time behind the wheel to truly see a benefit. When it ran out, they wanted a ridiculous price to continue. I turned them down and never looked back. To me, it's just a waste of money. With the ability to record most anything now, and plug and play, for me, it makes no sense. But hey, to each there own.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I called to cancel and they tried to keep me on. They offered the 5 month for $25 deal, but it's just too much of a hassle to call and do the song and dance every 5 months.

Now I get mail, email, and phone calls multiple times a month about re-subscribing.

I didnt know about the 5 months for $25 deal, I would have gone that route for sure. I think I paid something like $120 or $130 for the year but its worth every penny as far as I'm concerned, especially with the garbage radio we have around here.

Rob T

FNG
Haggle with XM folks. They normally can find some sort of special after their introductory offer. In my opinion, nothing is better than driving home after a long day of hunting in the fall and listening to playoff baseball.

I think there customer service is easy to deal with. I always deal with them online and never had any issues. I will always have a Sirius subscription especially when traveling and hunting in rural areas

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, rather than giving them credit card info you can just have them mail you an invoice. That's what I do and I just pay by check when it's time to renew. It's a few extra bucks to do it that way, but I try paying by check for services that would seem like a pain to cancel.

Brendan

WKR
I can't get anything online or through my phone - but pretty sure I get all the channels. Music, news, NFL, etc. If I'm missing anything - I don't know about it... Any specific channels - let me know and I can check.