Backcountry Repair Kit

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

What is everyone carrying as far as a back country repair kit for your tent, Sleeping pad etc. Want to make sure I am prepared for everything that could occur (broken tent poles, rip in tent liner, leak in sleeping pad etc). Thanks for any advice.

BK

GotDraw?

WKR
Agree with Dinger (above)-

Tenacious Tape is awesome.

Duct tape is great for some things for sure, but if you need to repair fabric then Tenacious Tape is the correct and longer term solution. It weighs nothing and has a no-stick peel off backer. This allows you take a little bit and just put it in the bottom of your tent sack or mattress sack.

I use the clear tenacious tape.

GotDraw?

WKR
Agree with Dinger (above)-

Tenacious Tape is awesome.

Duct tape is great for some things for sure, but if you need to repair fabric then Tenacious Tape is the correct and longer term solution. It weighs nothing and has a no-stick peel off backer. This allows you take a little bit and store it in the bottom of your tent sack or mattress sack in case you need it.

I use the clear tenacious tape.

I will also recommend the tenacious tape and some extra paracord. I also have a few zip ties and small thing of glue.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bic lighter for melting rope ends. Duct tape, tenacious tape, super glue, 2.5 mm rope it's thin enough for a boot lace if needed. And a tiny Swiss army knife, has scissors which makes it easy to round the corners for a t-tape patch, the integrated flathead tip on the file is perfect for tightening the locks on my trekking poles if needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
If you're hunting with a bow - make sure you have a little kit for repairs there. Small allen wrenches for anything that could come loose on your bow. Serving thread. D-loop cord. Then a small game head so you can take practice shots at a stump if needed. It always seems something wants to come loose there at an inopportune time...

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Tenacious tape, leukotape for anything first aid related like making bandaids or blister prevention. A needle and some dental floss for any major fabric tears. A spare hip belt buckle just in case it gets broken somehow, packing pretty much anything without a hip belt would suck.

MattB

WKR
The extra hip belt buckle is great insurance, been doing that for years. Super glue in the very small tubes is handy. Small multi-tool, cordage, zip ties.