Gave me the heebee jeebees

How does this make you feel?

[video=youtube;qcEikk6YK1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcEikk6YK1Y[/video]

This makes me feel very uneasy! I honestly think that could be my worst nightmare. Most snakes don't bother me too much but venomous ones scare the hell out of me! I have always believed that if I was ever struck by one that I would die of a self imposed heart attack and not due to the actual snake bite. Hahahahaha!!! This grown man turns into a little crying school girl whenever a rattler has been in close proximity.

CorbLand

WKR
49244429.jpg

LostArra

WKR
We have copperheads around here and I hate them. Only snake I will kill around the house.
Aggressive, no rattle warning and the world's best camo. They are invisible in the woods (and in flower beds).

staged or not, I feel like that is probably not the recommended way to deal with a snake. If it was going to bite him when it started rattling he wouldn't have had a chance to jump up like he did.

Gr8bawana

WKR
I think it would have been a better idea to have the camera guy use a long stick to move the snake away. It probably would have struck towards the stick away from the guy sitting.
Out here in southern NV we have to watch out for rattlers from about March to Oct. since it's usually pretty warm til late Oct.

DSCN1254.jpg

I was out on a trail today and all 6'5" 270 pounds came to a screaching halt when something slithered off the trail in front of me ! turned out it was a Skink but I am not taking any chances !:cool:

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I had a rattler swim towards me while fishing on a local river on Memorial day. Managed to hit it with a rock and it floated further on down river. I used to run into them a lot rabbit hunting when I was younger. They're really not that big of a deal. You just watch for them. Despite how common they are where I am, I only know 1 or 2 people who have ever been bit by one.

He about made it into a real problem. That snake never knew he was there until it was too late. Then poking and touching it sure didn't help his endeavor. Put the snake on the defensive. And, as stated above, a copper head is way more aggressive. If that had been a copperhead, he'd got tagged almost certainly. God Bless

Takem

WKR
Reminds me of a stupid joke we used to tell about two dudes fishing in a canyon and one of them gets bit in the Johnson while taking a piss. Dude number two hauls ass to a doctor for advise and he tells him "you have to suck the venom out or he'll die". When he returns dude number one asks what the doctor said and he replies "he said you gonna die".