Kachemak Bay advice

danarnold

WKR
We're looking to find a spot on the bay next June that we could rent to go fishing and see some wildlife, a lodge wouldn't be bad, a house would be fine. Waterfront with a view and access to the bay would be a major plus, thanks in advance

Ray

WKR
I recently learned about VRBO, which is a slightly different version of AirBNB. VRBO will allow rental outside the platform if the home owner is up for that. VRBO shows a few homes on Halibut Cove that are up for rent. There are lodges further west in Seldovia that offer fishing.

OP
danarnold

danarnold

WKR
I recently learned about VRBO, which is a slightly different version of AirBNB. VRBO will allow rental outside the platform if the home owner is up for that. VRBO shows a few homes on Halibut Cove that are up for rent. There are lodges further west in Seldovia that offer fishing.

I am familiar with VRBO, we were hoping to be able to run across the bay and check out the glacier, see some sites… Thanks

Ray

WKR
I am familiar with VRBO, we were hoping to be able to run across the bay and check out the glacier, see some sites… Thanks

What glacier? The Grewink? There is a state park trail system over there to get from Halibut Cove over the ridge to the glacier valley for a view. Also a well established trail from the beach right up the valley to the glacier lake.

Hiring a water taxi from Homer might be a better option for day trips over to the wilder side of the bay.

OP
danarnold

danarnold

WKR
Water taxi is something I had not considered, I looked that up and will definitely be taking advantage of it, thanks for your help

Fuk, I read that as kamishak bay typed out a big response, double checked and realized I'm full on brain dead. Haha.