Hot weather threads

DFB

FNG
What is your go to set of clothes for those early season hot weather hunts? What accessory items do you add or subtract from your pack?

Last edited:

kickemall

WKR
Kuiu Tiburon clothes, trail runners, Montbell thermowrap jacket just in case or for cool evenings, small and light tarp for shade or just in case of weird shower, x lite pad and quilt only for sleeping. No tent, no bag, no rain gear.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Lightweight merino base layer top and bottom, and Microtex Lite shirt and pants. That's pretty much my go to outfit anytime I'm going to be sweating while hunting.

OP
D

DFB

FNG
I just ordered some aerowool to try. If I can stay cool or even coolish in this Tennessee heat I like my chances in the mountains. Haha.

JNDEER

WKR
Tiburon pants are hands down the coolest hot weather pants a person can wear. I have tested the tib shirt and a LS wool shirt. the LS wool shirt is actually a little better for keeping you cool then the tib shirt because it really doesn't need as much air to dry as the tib shirt.

non-insulated, non-waterproof hiking boots (I use vasque breeze) and wool socks (I actually prefer kuiu socks)

Rolando

FNG
I wear a FL Wilkin half zip top and UA field pants. The first couple weeks of September in KY, I'll often wear a shirt to walk in and change into the Wilkin when I get to my stand. I have some paper towels in a gallon ziploc to dry off with and put my sweaty shirt and paper towels in the bag.

OP
D

DFB

FNG
Are shorts not allowed in the US?

If you wear shorts hunting around where I live you'll lose too much blood to hunt effectively. Think sawbriars and mosquitoes the size of mocking birds. I would if I could though.