Most unusual thing you've seen in the woods

JWP58

WKR
I don't believe much into it his theories, but David Paulidas has a book or radio series called Missing 411 about odd occurrences in National Forests. It's creepy AF and entertaining if you look it up.

I love when he is on coast to coast.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
We know mother nature is not kind, found this unlucky bull many moons ago in October...bad luck for this guy! Was in BUGLE magazine photo section titled when TREES Strike Back.

URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/magnum775/media/PC070458_zpscq8lxgpa.jpg.html]
PC070458_zpscq8lxgpa.jpg
[/URL]

Few years back I was calling coyotes out in some desert country. After hiking half a mile or more through the sand and sage I found a baby stroller stashed under a juniper tree in a gunny sack...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
Stumbled on a helicopter left out in a meadow a ways of some road on timber land years ago. An old wood base guitar that'd had been out there a while, next to no paint left on it.

Recently found this. I don't know what language it is but I'm guessing it's some sort of tombstone. Anyone guess what language it is at least. Close to two miles in.
e4fc9d41716ab12851c10b1d12cf256c.jpg

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting the edge of a field in IL Heard a truck engine revving. Looked up to see a big jacked up pickup pulling an old tri-hull ski boat through the corn field. High school kid driving with high school girls in the boat going pretty fast and just attached with some rope to the hitch. Boat almost rolled a couple times but luckily never did.

16Bore

WKR
I'll say it does suck when you think you're in deep only to find a damn water bottle.

I came to an old fence, that had over 30 stuffed animals on it, all monkeys

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mike Mongelli

Lil-Rokslider
Stumbled on a helicopter left out in a meadow a ways of some road on timber land years ago. An old wood base guitar that'd had been out there a while, next to no paint left on it.

Recently found this. I don't know what language it is but I'm guessing it's some sort of tombstone. Anyone guess what language it is at least. Close to two miles in.

Looks like Tibetan.

Mark E

FNG
While glassing for Mule deer in AZ I came across this photo shoot in the desert.

Hunthigh1

WKR
I know on pretty much every hunting trip, I will be hiking in a place so steep and so nasty and so thick that I think to myself "I wonder if anyone has ever walked here in the last thousand years." Then I will look down and see a six pack of spent coors bottles. I'm torn between hating the people that do that and wonder/admiration for the guy who lugged a six pack of bottles up a talus slope at 10,000 feet. I mean, who does that? The most athletic alcoholic ever?

I have the exact same experience/thoughts. Blows my mind

xziang

WKR
Saw/found this while hunting along a major river which had a big flood 2 years previously. Not really shocked but still thought it was weird to see.

Not really something I seen but I had an old burley guy wean into at about 10,500 ft, 8 miles in, ask my buddy and I (while elk hunting) have we ever done a "timber toss"

Yea..that was our reaction too....

Looks like Tibetan.

I was going to guess Klingon.

2ski

WKR
I had a customer that told me he was out bowhunting on the gallatin river in a treestand and as he was sitting there, a couple walked up and she put her hands on that tree and bent over and he went to town.....I say if it was me, I would've started clapping when they were done. I don't know if that's the truth or not.

WoodBow

WKR
A friend and I were hunting pigs at night once. We were creeping down a power line right of way in the almost pitch dark. Then all of a sudden it was broad daylight. I'm not talking about like when lightening flashes. I'm talking quite bright. It stayed light for just a couple of seconds and then went dark again. We both looked at each other like what the hek just happened. Years later I learned that meteors passing through our atmosphere, or close, cause that to happen. It was very cool.

Rob T

FNG
I opened this thread and thought I had a good story to tell. I saw skull, pictured dildos and soft ice cream. This thread rocks and my story doesn't measure up. It is not worthy.