Most unusual thing you've seen in the woods

Curious as to what some of you have seen either in the woods hunting or hiking. I'm sure some people have some great stories to tell. I'll share my story first: A couple years back while bird hunting with my Dad, my English Setter went on point. As we approached and kicked the brush, the bird took off flying straight towards the road with my dog hot on its trail. Since it was flying towards the road, we could do was watch to see where it would land. Just as it was about to fly over the road, the bird fly straight into the power lines and fell, dead as a stone. We still laugh about it to this day seeing my dog come running back with the Pheasant in his mouth and a confused look on his face.

TheCougar

WKR
We met a guy who was a bonafide, dead serious, no kidding squatch researcher and investigator. He gave me his Bigfoot Field Researcher Organizaion business card after a bizarre 45 minute lecture on squatch behavior. We talk about it to this day, we all bought a bunch of squatch shirts and beanies, and not a day goes by hunting where we don't get a laugh out of it.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Bowhunting elk in WY we were glassing groups of elk twice during the hunt and watched bulls go do to a rifle shot by poachers. Season for rifle was closed. We turned both of them in and they were both prosecuted. Game warden signed over the meat to both animals to us. Never fired a shot that week and came home with two elk. The one clown killed a cow also while flock shooting. We found it too late to recover meat. Sad but true.

RoJo

WKR
Do you literally mean in the "woods", or does the desert count?

I have run across human remains a couple of times in the southern AZ desert. Here is the last one:

P1110476.jpg

chops24

WKR
Lots of things honestly but one that was weird was while coyote hunting and a long way from any real water source I found a turtle shell about the size of my hand in a pile of coyote scat... that had to hurt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead people, a half buried car hundreds of yards away from any road, a pair of Great Pyrenees with a litter of pups in a slash pile and a vicious and nearly fatal (for them) desire to eat me, a .44mag with one round fired and 5 live rounds in the cylinder.

Short barreled Shotgun that was loaded and was jammed with a round half in the chamber. My brother caught in a cast net at a local Creek.

Walking along a drainage creek in Houston dad brother and me found a human hand. Just bones but a hand none the less.

Tag_Soup

WKR
Elk hunting with my father and younger brother about 8 miles off trail in central Idaho, we heard some strange sounds coming from a meadow we were watching. A few minutes later a naked guy ran across giggling and apparently chasing invisible butterflies....acid is a strange drug I guess. Middle of October and a high in the 30's. Maybe that's how the human remains you guys are finding get out there

RoJo

WKR
That would freak me out!

The first one was a bit unnerving. I picked up what I initially assumed was a deer femur. The sharp angle of the ball, or "head", was a dead giveaway...no pun intended.

There are probably hundreds scattered through the deserts of southern AZ, and probably CA, NM, and TX too. Illegal border crossers...

Ran across two hippies screwing in the woods once not too far off a trail head, was a little awkward!

robtattoo

WKR
Walking through the woods here in TN, roughly 300 yds off trail & a couple of miles down a VERY steep hill, I found a full set of golf clubs, propped up in a bag with the leg things (I don't do golf...) There was a tee with a ball set on it, right next to the bag.

Queer as a bottle of tater chips.

CorbLand

WKR
I was probably three or four miles from the nearest road when I found an inflated balloon. Not super hard to figure out how it got there, but still weird to find in the middle of a meadow when you haven't seen a soul for 3 days.

OP
mountainman406
Well......my story was certainly put to shame. Y'all didn't disappoint on these great stories and crazy finds so far. Have to say, was NOT expecting the bag of dildos.....

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
ok I will bite. I found a half Gallon Container for Blue Bell Ice Cream about 3/4ths of a Miles up the side of a mountain. I was like how in the hell did some get ice cream up here? Crazy.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP