Backup bow in vehicle Sep. weathe

Who bring one and what's your thoughts on leaving it in a sunny spot for a week?
We always stick some sodas and beer in one of the empty coolers before we pack in and they're always cool when we pack out during the day.
Seems like even though it gets pretty hot during the day, overall the temp is cool longer and the inside of the coolers never gets warm.
So I'm thinking stick it in the cooler before we head in?
Noticed when pull a piece of gear or clothes out from the middle of the pile it seems really cool.

2blade

WKR
I usually bring one and leave it in a padded case in the back seat of the truck. I've had the opportunity to check on it every now and then and it is usually as cool as could be. But I do park in the shade at 9000k feet, 70's are no big deal.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I have never had any issues with heat but My back up is in a thick padded case in the back up the truck under a fiberglass topper. It stays cool enough.

I Always have my back up bow with me unless I am hunting in my back yard. To many things can go wrong and even though I have travel with a small bow "fix kit", the fastest way to get back hunting is to have another bow ready to go.