New hunting rig

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Thanks! I think the Nissan is a very underrated pickup. The overall build quality is just amazing compared to my 2011 GMC I traded in on it.

SWOHTR

WKR
Why the diesel? Just curious from a weight perspective, the gas rigs tend to be lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Why the diesel? Just curious from a weight perspective, the gas rigs tend to be lighter.

Personal pref and for towing. This is comparable to the 2500hd with 6.0 gas engine I traded in but not as rough of a ride and almost a 30% increase in fuel mileage.

Billinsd

WKR
That's interesting. I've owned 3 Nissans in the last 20 years and don't ever plan to buy another. One was a truck, the others cars. Nissans aren't the worst cars out there, but are distant to Hondas and Toyotas quality wise. Your truck looks real nice, though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We had a 2004 Titan we drove about 200,000 miles over 11 years. It was a good truck the first 150,000 miles, then had plenty of issues the last 50,000 miles. Engine (5.6l V-8) and tranny were excellent, the rest of the truck not so much. Our Murano caused no trouble for the 100,000 miles we had it and our Xterra has been trouble free for 80,000 miles. We did the replacement radiator/transmission cooler on the Xterra for the known issue before coolant got into the tranny as it was about 20% of the cost if done prior to failure.

Anyway, beautiful new Titan! Good luck with it. Hope the Cummins turns out to be a great engine!

TBARR

FNG
Can't beat the 5 year 100k bumper to bumper!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I see you chose the stealth package color scheme lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DFB

FNG
Nice rig man. I'm thinking hard about trading my Raptor in on one for the fuel savings. Please keep us posted on if it lives up to the estimated mpg.