Call for prayer

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
i have lost my wife and my son to leukemia. ****ing crappy disease. sending lots of love his way.
think i am going to go cry right now. ****.

So sorry for your loss, can't even begin to imagine.
I read about two children lost to this in the news this winter, hard to keep a dry eye. Sent in my swabs and got added to the registry, if you're eligible I encourage everyone to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all. I haven't heard any updates yet. My wife is the one who is mostly tied into this drive for help. She is apparently too small to donate platelets though, so that is how I became involved. After the platelet donation they realized I was a match for whatever white blood cells that they needed. This family lives in our town but I have never met them, however last November they were adopting their foster child the same day we were adopting our two foster children, so I am aware of who they are.

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
This was the lateset update that my wife just sent to me.

Team NOAH
1 hr ·

Saturday update for Noah.

Noah is still really critical. He had a high fever most of the night. As high as 103.5, he's still on the ventilator and dialysis. We are continuing the granulocyte treatment for one more week, hoping to give Noah enough time for his own white blood cells to kick in and fight the infection. The doctors aren't giving our Noah much of a chance to make it through this...but they don't know our Noah like we do. Keep praying and he'll keep fighting.

I believe this is the link to their facebook. Team NOAH - Home | Facebook

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
How long until the doctors give him your donation?
Hoping he pulls through and good on you for helping!

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Brodie- They finished drawing my blood about 11:30 am yesterday, and my understanding was that they would be giving it to him within an hour or two.

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Quick update:

Apparently the white blood cell treatment is starting to have some positive results. They have the details on the Facebook site and the link above does take you to it if interested. I'll be headed back down to UCLA tomorrow for two days, for another donation. The prayers from you guys have no doubt been heard up to this point because the doctors weren't giving him much of a chance. Please keep it up.

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Well, the second donation went well, and the information we're getting from the family seems really positive. I'll update with important information from now on but nothing minor. I hope my next update is that Noah is walking out of that hospital and going home.

Please keep up the prayers, because I know they're helping.

Huntindog 45- Thank you, but I am no hero. I'm a guy who happened to be at the right place at the right time and happened to have the right blood.

All of the prayers are what are helping this boy, I truly believe that.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
sbcff15;721865 I'm a guy who happened to be at the right place at the right time and happened to have the right blood. All of the prayers are what are helping this boy said:
Prayers sent! I believe you were placed in this position very intentionally. Keep shining that light!

OP
S

sbcff15

Lil-Rokslider
Sadly, I just learned that Noah passed away earlier this evening. Please continue to keep his family in your prayers.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I'm so sorry! I had been hoping and praying for his recovery . His family (and you) will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro