Oregon joins Roadkill States

We have that here. Pretty sweet actually. In winter/fall all the roadkill gets picked up by the wolf trappers as bait.....sweet.

desertcj

WKR
Glad to hear it. Pretty sure state police have had that authority for a long time already though?
Edit: I used to live in Oregon and my Grandfather who had property before he passed told me of an incident.

Last edited:

elkyinzer

WKR
More everyday I realize I am embarrassed to live in a time in this great place when simple common sense, principle based issues like this even have to be hashed out. Animal is dead on the road and someone wants to eat it, good on them. The lowlifes that would abuse such a concept should not punish the citizenry as a whole.

Agreed.

Could you imagine the dumbass who runs over a deer on purpose only to trash their vehicle? Hell, they may not even be able to drive home.

OP
SheepDogRob

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed.

Could you imagine the dumbass who runs over a deer on purpose only to trash their vehicle? Hell, they may not even be able to drive home.

I can totally imagine it. There are some a-holes running around in the woods. Couple weeks ago some guy stole my tailgate. He didn't realize who he was stealing from until he was in handcuffs yesterday going to jail for a few felonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How it works here is we just take it. Then go on the fish and game web site within 10 days and say that we took it. Pretty simple.

Gobbler36

WKR
Love this law, to me it's insane not to have it I watched one buck get hit last year as he was crossing a rise in the road everyone kept driving but not me I went and cleaned him and put him in the freezer, I also hit one and while I was already down in the dumps about it it did make me feel a tad better that I could take it home. Much better alternative than to leave an rot

ben h

Lil-Rokslider
I've driven 500k miles or more in mountains and deer country and up until a few years ago I'd never even had a close call. I'm usually pretty good at spotting animals, but I hit a deer and didn't even see it till I saw it in my side mirror. I hit her right in the head with my front left light and she spun and dented my driver door. It cost me something like $85 in car parts and $450 in meat cutting and grinding equipment to repair. I'm not sure what the laws are in Utah for recovery, but we did the right thing; which of course I mean whatever the law says.