Rokslide Scouting Camera test thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
as trail camera season is officially here, wanted to make sure you guys all visit our Trail Camera thread. Black Ovis let Ryan and I test their high-end Stealth Cam wireless GXW model and their lower end G34. We've been running them a few weeks. Anyone remotely interested in scouting cameras will want to see this thread. The technology is amazing in remote control, resolution, trigger time, sound and video:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/trai...-robby-sponsored-black-ovis-2.html#post717239

7cfcdacd0d0f54fe2cf57800239b3e31.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ab0dc188ddbffb7396b64f23837930cb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
the video with sound is intriguing and you can switch it on/off remotely anywhere there is a cell signal

[video=youtube_share;L6AATasQG8w]https://youtu.be/L6AATasQG8w[/video]

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Day 10 for my Camera I received 19 pictures today. To say these cameras
are effective is an understatement.
38e3b0293b7d7c7b509b02db20ed03f6.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I thought I was addicted to my phone before, now when that "stealth cam has the new photos or videos available" message comes up, all forward motion ceases for me for about 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yeah I thought I was addicted to my phone before, now when that "stealth cam has the new photos or videos available" message comes up, all forward motion ceases for me for about 10 minutes.

Ya, I could see that. Unfortunately, most places I would want to put these, there is no cell service. But I could see having a smartphone for this purpose alone......if there was cell service.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, I could see that. Unfortunately, most places I would want to put these, there is no cell service. But I could see having a smartphone for this purpose alone......if there was cell service.

Yeah you're restricted to 2 to 3 bars of service from AT&T or T-Mobile to get these to work. But I've already found looking at their map several places that I can put them that I can get that signal through. I'm going to move mine to one of them here in the next few days and we'll see if the map can actually predict where they will work. I'll post on that other thread when I find out.

bobhunts

WKR
Weird? I just bought two of the same type of Cams Dronewireless.com which I think is Stealthcam..but they run on Verizon? Got two of these new for cheap but the wireless plan is priced way too high. Figure I'll just use the cams unless I can sell them.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Weird? I just bought two of the same type of Cams Dronewireless.com which I think is Stealthcam..but they run on Verizon? Got two of these new for cheap but the wireless plan is priced way too high. Figure I'll just use the cams unless I can sell them.

Stealth cam is only advertising AT&T compatibility. Our plan so far has only been $25 and supposedly will last three months.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm working with another company right now that has Verizon service for theirs. If this goes through I'll update how they work as well. We were hoping to have it done so I could get the camera's out in CO this week-end, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen :)

I'll be following this thread!

Clarktar

WKR
I'm working with another company right now that has Verizon service for theirs. If this goes through I'll update how they work as well. We were hoping to have it done so I could get the camera's out in CO this week-end, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen :)

I'll be following this thread!
Which company? I have a high country spot that has great Verizon coverage! I want to get a camera up there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

archer109

FNG
Not to take away from Stealthcam, which I have a buddy who loves his. I have been running the Spartan Gocam with Verizon and luv it. Works great. Actually have 5 of them and now with Verizon unlimited data is even better.

One thing I noticed tho with the other couple AT&T cams by Snyper is that the coverage map AT&T shows isn't what I am seeing for reception in areas. Just don't get the AT&T reception like should which sux. Why I love the Spartan Verizon cams!!

Clarktar

WKR
Not to take away from Stealthcam, which I have a buddy who loves his. I have been running the Spartan Gocam with Verizon and luv it. Works great. Actually have 5 of them and now with Verizon unlimited data is even better.

One thing I noticed tho with the other couple AT&T cams by Snyper is that the coverage map AT&T shows isn't what I am seeing for reception in areas. Just don't get the AT&T reception like should which sux. Why I love the Spartan Verizon cams!!

500.00 for one of those. Whoa. That's expensive. How long do they last with all new batteries?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

archer109

FNG
U can get some good deals for around $400. Is IR and blackflash as well.

I have been running strictly lithiums and with the battery draining realtime on where can control cam I was still getting month to month half depending on pics. I have rigged up some external 12 volt batteries in ammo cases this year

Snyper is gonna be coming out with a Verizon cam very soon as well. I am liking there AT&T ones when have spots with reception

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spypoint is making a solar link camera. I have no experience with them yet, but they could be the ticket for the back country.