Northern Washington/Southern British Columbia Fishing trip

My wife and I will be in Bow, Washington for a work retreat the 3rd weekend of July. We are taking the next week to do some exploring around Northern Washington and Southern British Columbia. We've heard good things about Vancouver island and san juan island, so we are thinking about visiting those places. We aren't married to those locations though. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I want to make sure that we get in a guided fishing trip while we are out there. I'm open to fresh water (I can fly fish) or salt water. I don't have any idea what will be in season. Need some input on locations and recommended guides or anything else that anyone wants to mention. Thanks!

7mag.

WKR
I highly suggest getting a hold of a charter immediately, and book a tuna fishing trip. Absolute blast. Cost you $400-$500 each, but it's worth it. The meat you bring home is exceptional, as well.

Late July is prime king salmon season. But, unfortunately, only Alaskans, Canadians and Indians can catch Washington fish so head north my friend. Get a charter out of Vancouver. Also plenty of streams on Vancouver Island to explore.

This is the first year in my life I'm not buying a salt water license. I got tired of paying to raise fish I'll never have the opportunity to catch :(.