Fee for PA laws and Regulations

Rs3003

WKR
Pennsylvania is now charging $6 for the Rules and Regulations book for hunting and furtaking. If you purchase a hunting or fur taking license this used to be free. This is the first year for this. They want you to look online. My personal opinion is that this is terrible. If this goes as the PA Game commission wants it where enough people purchase them look for other states to follow. I will not be buying one. There is a another fee of $26 for to hunt pheasants. They were free last year also. This stat is terrible. Not sure if the fees for non-residents.

The fee for Pheasants is a long over due thing. Stocking a non native bird with a nearly 0% survival rate in poor habitat is just plain dumb. It's like stocking happy meals for the fox and red tails hawks.

As for the book? they're trying to cut costs since PA hasn't had a licence increase in 20 years.

Bar

Banned
The fee for Pheasants is a long over due thing. Stocking a non native bird with a nearly 0% survival rate in poor habitat is just plain dumb. It's like stocking happy meals for the fox and red tails hawks.

As for the book? they're trying to cut costs since PA hasn't had a licence increase in 20 years.

Not a good way to do it. They should want everybody to know the laws and give them free. Otherwise guys won't buy it. Just raise the tag fee if they need money.

Not a good way to do it. They should want everybody to know the laws and give them free. Otherwise guys won't buy it. Just raise the tag fee if they need money.

It's very difficult to just "raise the fees" in PA. The PGC wants to that in a bad way but it has to be passed by the state Legislation and they won't do it because of hunter out cry in regards to deer hunting.
This is a dead horse beating.

Yeah, but if folks don't know the regulations because they didn't buy the book, maybe there'll be more incidences of violations which means even more revenue in fines that are levied.

Who needs the people to type, organize, handle the publication and distribution of it, when one person with a computer can do it? If revenue was needed that badly, the legislature would vote it in. $6/per hunting license wouldn't cause an outrage and, would do far more to raise revenue than offering a $6 fee for the booklets that half or more won't buy. However, It isn't about generating revenue. It's about covering their costs.

adamm88

WKR
Pa and the game commission and how it operates is a cluster, the 6 dollar book is just icing on the cake of idiocy in pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
R

Rs3003

WKR
After I posted this I was thinking its probably returnable. That's the true JAGOFF thing to do. Read it and return. Just so they don't throw any crazy stuff at us ( YINZ)!