Pets and camping

Bar

Banned
All my trips are day trips. I don't camp anymore. He eats in the morning and night with me. I bring a lunch and he shares it.

slvrslngr

WKR
Yup, ziplocks. I bring a few treats too. If you don't want to pack the food yourself, there are doggie backpacks you can buy. I just share my water if needed, though I try to plan hikes where there is water available. Another issue to be aware of is rattlesnakes. Snake avoidance training is a must if you're in snake country.

Bar

Banned
I'm always high in the mountains, so tons of creeks for the dog to drink from. I've never seen a rattler, but I have to watch out for porcupines. Twice now he got nailed.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_2954.JPG
My black lab hasn't made it to the mountains just yet, only the hills of Tennessee so far... but she is getting some practice on the trails for that trip to Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raise em right
2a65206f8b70846e08b643ddb1bf6a10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
My chocolate lab goes just about everywhere I go. She's my best trail companion by far. As others have said you need to plan ahead a little and obedience is a must!!

Antlers

FNG
Great thread! Mine goes everywhere with me. Plan ahead for issues, it's kind of like having a kid with you out there. Drinks, snacks and safety. Make sure they know "whoa" and "here". Good obedience makes for a good trail buddy.

6v8J0L8l.jpg

Breed?

Guff

FNG
View attachment 53631

My white Lab Oakley tags along quite often. Summer is hard though since some of my spots have rattlesnakes and copperheads; I leave him at home during the summer usually. If I leave without him he gets almost depressed lol.

image1 (9).jpg

manitou1

WKR
I can't imagine life without my pups. Best buddies a guy could have. Ours go on all camping trips (non-hunting) and vacations with us. Half the fun of the trips is the experience with the dogs. Lots of laughs and smiles seeing how fun-loving, forgiving and optimisic these little girls are... all day, every day.

My pup pup Gracie goes everywhere with us. Hopefully she'll be on the birds this Fall.

Attachments

• 20190112_114018.jpg
    20190112_114018.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 3