How to get your Photos out of Photobucket so you can move them to another Service

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Mods, Admins, Once I finish this we can lock it and sticky it somewhere else. For now Had William sticky it here for those that needed to know how.

Putting together this walk through on how to get your photos off of Photobucket.

Login to Photobucket

Click on Library

cl6HWEy.jpg

IF you keep your stuff organized like I do you will need to do this for each Album you have in Photobucket. Id save a folder on your desktop called Photobucket. Each Album will be created in its own folder as you download them. youll need to choose where you save them depending on what browser your using. in my Case Im on a MAC so it maybe different.

edXQVQA.jpg

Now on each Album you will have an action category down on the right side of the page.

Click on Download Album

M51plrv.jpg

Next youll get a box that pops up that shows a Download or Cancel Select Download

dhiFcQp.jpg

Next the box will change to a Captcha screen, you will put a check mark in that box and depending on how many times you do this they will start having you work out puzzles like select all the pictures with cars in it. This is to show that you are a human. If you get the puzzle just follow the instructions until it makes the Download Button blue which means it has accepted your response.

WgrpNFj.jpg

The next screen will show you that its downloading. If its a big Album it may take a while. You dont have to wait though. As you can see on the screen when its ready for you to click download you can wait for the email. When the email arrives you can click on it and it will open up Photobucket again with a download link. Click it and it will download your album to a folder where you designate.
Jfp7Tyn.jpg

If you stick around the screen will go away and show you the Download link to download your Pictures.

cKTXF44.jpg

Sometimes Photobucket doesnt send the email and it completely flakes out. Keep trying though it will eventually work. IF your download big albums then its going to take a while for this to be completed so hang in there. Its Frustrating but thats why we are doing this so we can be done with Photobucket and watch their demise in the news in the coming weeks. =-)

Part 2 I will show you how to setup your Imgur account and what link you want to use to put your pictures on message boards. And its so much better. No popups. No Laggy performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bar

Banned
PB finally nailed me. I won't be posting anymore pictures. More trouble than it's worth. Not that I posted much anyway.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I get pissed every time I click on a thread and see their usage pic. I'll never use them again and I hope they miserably fail.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
My pleasure fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I post pics off my I phone

Tapatalk is a great way to post pictures from your phone. In fact, I PREFER to surf Rokslide (and all the other forum I belong to) using the Tapatalk app. Posting pictures uses Tapatalk as the host and it’s free and takes just one click and you get to choose the size/quality you want to post. There’s a free version of Tapatalk and a “Pro” version for $3. I use the paid one. Not sure the difference but I’ve gotten to where I don’t like to participate in forums that aren’t compatible with Tapatalk because it makes forum viewing an even better experience, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Did photo bucket make changes since this tutorial was done? It's not showing me a link to download my albums. I cant even see my own pictures if I try to view them individually.

Gr8bawana

WKR
Did photo bucket make changes since this tutorial was done? It's not showing me a link to download my albums. I cant even see my own pictures if I try to view them individually.

Perhaps they realized what was happening and made changes to stop people from retrieving their own photos and keep holding them for ransom.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Wow your right HawkCreek they took the download link away. Thats some shady crap right there.

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps they realized what was happening and made changes to stop people from retrieving their own photos and keep holding them for ransom.

Wow your right HawkCreek they took the download link away. Thats some shady crap right there.

Dang, I was hoping that wasn't the case. It wont even let me view my own pictures that were previously linked to forums.