arizona non resident hunter safety info

so I have recently learned that when a non resident hunter completes the hunter safety course, they are awarded an extra bonus point for the draw system if they have completed the course. im looking for info on class schedule, where to take the required "field day" and what all I need to do, to complete this process for future applications.

neverquit

WKR
If I remember right a hunters safety card from your home state will suffice

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I do not believe an out of state hunter safety card gets you the permanent point. You should be able to do the hunt safety course online and then all you need to do is schedule a field day to complete your hunter safety course. If you do it right, schedule your field day during OTC archery deer and knock down 2 birds with one stone.

wapitibob

WKR
Class schedule is on their web site as well as the field day schedule. You will be hard pressed to find open field days from what I have heard.
The "best" option for a nr is to take the "special supplemental" hunter ed class, available for NR ONLY. It will be the first saturday in January and is a one day class, no field day, and requires a valid hunter ed from another state to register. They have a 2nd class I believe in April if memory is correct.The January class is set up so that Don martin can hand deliver the class list to the draw dept and have the addl Bonus Point in place for the Elk draw.

edit;
link to the April class info and Don's contact

Last call for Arizona Supplemental Hunter Education class for 2017 - MonsterMuleys.com

muddydogs

WKR
There are two requirements to get the point. First you need to take the online hunter safety course and pass there test which costs $15 or so then do a field day. Some times they have a bonus point field days which my buddy took and said it only took a couple hours and was tailored to the hunter that was just looking for a point and not the full blown field day needed to get your hunter safety. The online course is only valid for something like 60 days so plan accordingly. I did the online course last Feb hoping to get into a class when I was Javelina hunting down there the end of Feb but I couldn't get it worked out.

If you're serious about hunting AZ then the class is well worth the effort, between the point for the class and a loyalty point after 5 years of putting in the 2 extra points might get you a tag.

NoWiser

WKR
Take the class in January or April with Don Martin. I did this past April and it was enjoyable. We had a very small class so it went quick, but it's usually most of the day. You demonstrate firearm handling and then take a written test. Most got 100% on the written test. A lot of time was spent explaining the Arizona draw system. I'm going to use the point gained to draw a sheep tag here in a few days :rolleyes:

gburk

WKR
i was following it closely for a while in preparation for taking it while in AZ for my son's youth elk tag - i couldn't discern any obvious update pattern, maybe a class or two added per week. Probably depends on when they happen to have venues and instructors available. Volume of classes might depend on time of year, i don't know.

Agree with @gburk I never could find any pattern. I was told when I took my field day that the instructors are all volunteers which explained why they were a little less consistent with their offerings.

Clarktar

WKR
Class schedule is on their web site as well as the field day schedule. You will be hard pressed to find open field days from what I have heard.
The "best" option for a nr is to take the "special supplemental" hunter ed class, available for NR ONLY. It will be the first saturday in January and is a one day class, no field day, and requires a valid hunter ed from another state to register. They have a 2nd class I believe in April if memory is correct.The January class is set up so that Don martin can hand deliver the class list to the draw dept and have the addl Bonus Point in place for the Elk draw.

edit;
link to the April class info and Don's contact

Last call for Arizona Supplemental Hunter Education class for 2017 - MonsterMuleys.com
@sclancy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk