How to Post Pictures using IMGUR

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Mods Please Sticky this.

Recently Photobucket decided to go out of business by not allowing 3rd party linking any longer unless you pay a hefty 400$ a year to do so. With that I say there are so many more options out there that are free. So this post is dedicated to all of you Roksliders who are not very technical and want a walk through on a service that works to post your photos.

Lets face it posting photos of what we do and our gear we are selling is what makes Rokslide such a great place. Who doesn't love a good photo. Also I go by the old motto that it didn't happen unless there are photos of it :D

So follow along with me and if you have any questions about what you are doing or not sure on something that is shown in this post send me a PM or post below and I will help you out.

See top right for sign in.

OCoWipI.png

If you have a Facebook account that your already logged into you can use that by clicking the Facebook icon or the twitter icon or google or yahoo.
H8ypqkh.png

Now that your signed in mouse over your username in top right and go to Albums.

NFH9iMs.png

(I highly suggest making Albums but its not necessary if your not as organized as I am.)

Once in Albums click on new Album a box will pop up title your Album, add a description if you so wish, and last if you plan to share these photos you'll want to keep it on the default public. You can see the description of what each setting does so choose what you want.

9qWO301.png

Now go back up and click on your username again and albums and you should see your new album. This functionality is not live as in once you add the album you have to either refresh your page or go to top and mouse over your userid and click albums again. Now that you have a blank Album open. Just Click and hold your photos where ever you store them and drag them over the IMGUR screen and drop them in. This works the same if your in images also.

2 views:

You have Album view

or

You have Image view

Both work the same the Albums just shows you the Albums you created which then you can click into to see the photos inside. to scroll through your images use your mouse wheel to scroll down to see them all. The Image view shows you all of your images unorganized (again scroll down to see all your photos. Anytime you want to load photos, go to the containing folder open it. Select all photos you want to load CLICK AND DRAG Over the IMGUR Browser screen and drop them in. Its that easy.

Lets say you don't want to make Albums. Just click on Images when you mouse over your user name. Find your photos where they are stored and select all and drag and drop right into the page. IMGUR doesn't care where you are at when you are loading photos. They will allow you to upload photos pretty much on any page in your account.

Next to share your photos:

There are 2 different ways to get your links to share your image on Message Boards.

1. Go to Images and click it. Once opened up click your image you want to share and you will want to select the BBCode. It even shows you (message boards Forums)

ZWaj8eR.png

2. Your in your Albums and you want to share an image. Click which Album your going to get your image from, once opened click your image you want to load so its open.( Don't see your image scroll down)
Now mouse over your photo and you will see the options appear over the top right of the photo. Click the arrow down, and go to get share links. Again you want to use the BBCode.

xlHHAPD.png

5AGNVoq.png

Its that easy. I highly suggest you take some time to learn the Imgur site. It has some very cool options. Seems to run smooth but there are times I would click an action and have to reload the screen. But otherwise it seems to run smoothly.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to assist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy68

WKR
Thank you. Worked perfectly. Just updated a thread I started in the youth forum a couple years ago, that I wanted the pictures to still show on.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Happy to assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
I'm so technology stupid.
I downloaded the app and now trying to upload photos and can't figure out how.
With Photobucket, I could text the picture to my Photobucket account, it would accept the photo in my mobile upload album, I could then pick a pictures forum link and paste the address in a thread and the picture would appear.
Also, Photobucket would automatically resize the picture to the correct forum size (whatever I set it too, I think it was around 800x800) instead of bringing in the full-size 5mb+ picture my phone takes.
Any way to make imgur work the same?
I don't have social media and don't really want to post my pictures to the world like I am seeing imgur doing. For as much as I hate Photobucket right now, I miss the way they did things.

Last edited:

bounds

WKR
I'm so technology stupid.
I downloaded the app and now trying to upload photos and can't figure out how.
With Photobucket, I could text the picture to my Photobucket account, it would accept the photo in my mobile upload album, I could then pick a pictures forum link and paste the address in a thread and the picture would appear.
Also, Photobucket would automatically resize the picture to the correct forum size (whatever I set it too, I think it was around 800x800) instead of bringing in the full-size 5mb+ picture my phone takes.
Any way to make imgur work the same?
I don't have social media and don't really want to post my pictures to the world like I am seeing imgur doing. For as much as I hate Photobucket right now, I miss the way they did things.

I'm in the same boat. I can't upload in the app without giving them access to all my pictures on my phone. They ain't getting that. Guess I'll have to put everything on computer and do it there?

92xj

WKR
I'm now onto Flickr, and have found it to be a little bit easier and similar to Photobucket, uninstalled imgur on my phone and hope to be posting pictures with Flickr in the next day or so, once figure out completely

92xj

WKR
Thanks for posting that link. Hopeful there's a way to do it all from the phone.

As am I. Surely there is and I just haven't figured it out yet. I'm pretty technology stupid so I feel like there is something I'm missing. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I can't figure out Imgur on my phone. I guess I'll try Flickr

ETA: I just figured it out I think. Not as intuative as PB, but at least it works.

Last edited: