Review: Cross Country Cooler Showdown, by Tony Trietch

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Rokslide moderator Tony Trietch puts the 100-quart giants from Canyon and Grizzly to the test in Arizona, Montana, and Wyoming.

Ever bounce your cooler-filled truck through an Arizona boulder field? Tony did.

Ever tried to feed your coolers two elk and a mule deer? Tony did.

Ever kill an elk, hunt two more weeks with that one in the cooler, then kill another elk? Tony did.

Ever road trip 1300 miles hoping your meat was OK? Tony did

Even if you can't lift these coolers, you need to read the review.

You may never buy a cheap cooler again...

Review: Cross Country Cooler Road Trip

attachment.php

Last edited:

DRUSS

WKR
Thanks for a test that applies a bit better to most of our uses in the field. Ice test are great but durability is what wins if something fails on a cooler. Looking to get a 75 qt size soon , do you feel one is a better choice or find best deal on either and don't look back?
And again great review

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Thanks for a test that applies a bit better to most of our uses in the field. Ice test are great but durability is what wins if something fails on a cooler. Looking to get a 75 qt size soon , do you feel one is a better choice or find best deal on either and don't look back?
And again great review

Thanks, glad you like the article! You can't go wrong with either manufacturer IMO. I wouldn't over think it, just pick one that has features you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
Tony, that's some great information on two quality coolers. I have been trying to justify the cost, but was looking for some real world insight that could be trusted. Looks like I found it. Can you suggest a size that could easily handle a single, boned out elk? Thanks.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Tony, that's some great information on two quality coolers. I have been trying to justify the cost, but was looking for some real world insight that could be trusted. Looks like I found it. Can you suggest a size that could easily handle a single, boned out elk? Thanks.

I like the 100qt range.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member

100 qt should work great.