Two Water Questions

poisonarrow

Lil-Rokslider
It works great. A great backup. I have a small bottle of iodine with me always , part of my survival pack. I use a Sawyer Squeeze in line on my Platypus bladder. Never have to pump water. I absolutely hate pumping a water filter.

Akicita

WKR
A quick note about iodine. . . It loses its effectiveness after the bottle has been opened and it's light sensitive. It is more effective than chlorine bleach (my preference) but is not 100% effective against all organisms, viruses and bacteria. It can also cause allergic reactions to some who are allergic to shellfish.

The best method I have found over many years of drinking the worst water all over the world is distillation, followed by filter and boiling, followed by filter and treatment (iodine or bleach). Below treeline here in Colorado and depending on the source I will filter with my MSR Sweetwater and treat with two (2) drops of bleach per quart. Above treeline I will only treat with chlorine.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Possibly not. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/backpacks/177-polar-pure.html

A quick note about iodine. . . It loses its effectiveness after the bottle has been opened and it's light sensitive. It is more effective than chlorine bleach (my preference) but is not 100% effective against all organisms, viruses and bacteria. It can also cause allergic reactions to some who are allergic to shellfish.

The best method I have found over many years of drinking the worst water all over the world is distillation, followed by filter and boiling, followed by filter and treatment (iodine or bleach). Below treeline here in Colorado and depending on the source I will filter with my MSR Sweetwater and treat with two (2) drops of bleach per quart. Above treeline I will only treat with chlorine.

woodmoose

Lil-Rokslider
I used iodine tablets for years (decades actually) while serving with uncle sam,,,,,I prefer to NOT use iodine anymore, but they always seemed to work just fine,,,,key is following protocols for ensuring all surfaces get treated (water in rings of cap for example),,,,,,,

I like filters now