Hoyt, Whiskey, Fishing and Eminem - What's Not To Like?

I don't have either the time or the stamina to list everything wrong with this song or the country music industry. By your own admission in the thread title you were roped in with buzz words and imagery.

This meat head in a tight shirt is probably singing a song he didn't write backed up by a band he probably didn't put together. I couldn't make it the entire way through the video, but I'm going to guess at some point the girl was in a sting bikini and he was sitting on a Yeti cooler or something. Its shameful to see the state of "country" music that makes the airwaves. It's not unlike all other music scenes where the true talent is playing small clubs to small crowds.

There has been a false patriotism pushed in country music for a long time and that really bothers me. Too many agendas being pushed across the board in mainstream music.

Below are a few examples of real musicians making "country" music.

Jason Isbell - Elephant (w/ Lyrics) - YouTube

Sturgill Simpson - "Brace For Impact (Live A Little)" - YouTube

Shooter Jennings - "Outlaw You" (Official Video) - YouTube

Hank III- "Pills I Took" - YouTube

If you really enjoy the top 40 type, more power to you. Still, you asked what's not to like ;)

N2TRKYS

WKR
George Strait spent most of his career not writing his own songs. Who knew that he wasn't a real country artist? Lol

I never have cared for Jason Isbell. Chris Knight is much better to me.

Last edited:

ChrisS

WKR
Holy sheet, that is terrible. Pop country continues to devolve into parody.

Chris Knight is legit. So is Isbell.

Isbell is the best singer/songwriter alive today, regardless of genre IMO. He can get a little slow for me at times so that's why we have Sturgill. I saw him live last year and it was an absolute blast. sailor's guide is one of the best things i've heard in a long time.

freshta

WKR
Wow! I avoid modern country like the plague. I had no idea it went metrosexual!

ethan

WKR
Against my better judgment I clicked on the link......I feel dumber now....... lol

I've listened to country all of my life but the crap being made today is absolutely terrible! No different than the teeny-bop trash pop stuff. But that's just me!

Loco4dux

WKR
Agree Jason Isbell kicks major ass........ Lucero, Turnpike Troubadours, Chris Knight top my list as well.... I can do some Stapleton also.

16Bore

WKR
That video would have been much better if he was wearing Kuiu like Kid Rock. Just sayin yo.....

tommy

FNG
country music is like a musical enema long live thrash/metal[sepulatera exodus teastment megadeath etc ] just my 2 cents

johnsd16

WKR
Wow, wearing those jeans then claiming to sing country should make one burst into flames.

How many assistants did it take to get him in those things and do his makeup.