How screwed am I?!?!?

280Ackley

WKR
Just booked tickets for a month out to go help my buddy on a sheep hunt in Alaska! He called me a couple days ago asking if I could come up and help since his normal hunting partner got a blood clot in his leg and can't go on this hunt. I haven't done any training for the upcoming season. With buying a new house and work just haven't made time. I figure I need to drop 15-20lbs. I live in Idaho and have hunted the breaks here the last few years. Any advice would be great!

Justin

mlob1one

WKR
I'd start humping hills both with and without weight (gradually), cut out processed sugar, and start eating primarily veg & protein. If you don't already, I'd recommend getting a good pair of trekking poles too.

That should be memorable. Have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Start doing the Stone Glacier workout in the WOD thread a few days a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lace up the shoes and get walking. Think of the fun you will have and do what you can to get ready. Anything is better than nothing and just don't over do it. Good luck👍

All the above advice is spot on.

Positive attitude, dedication to your buddy and the mission, and never quit focus will carry you thru the rest.

If you're not mentally prepped to go the distance, then.......

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, I'd also throw in starting a whole30 month, U'll drop excess weight, it'll reduce inflammation, and help recovery time for these workouts that you better be doing lol

I'd start humping hills both with and without weight (gradually), cut out processed sugar, and start eating primarily veg & protein. If you don't already, I'd recommend getting a good pair of trekking poles too.

That should be memorable. Have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

^^^This. Cut out all carbs and don't cheat. You probably won't be able to drop 20 lbs in a month but you'll definitely drop some wt. and whatever amount that is will just be that much less you'll have to hump up the mountain.

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
Thanks everyone!! I cut sugar out as soon he called me. My plans are to do the same with most carbs and plan on living on the rest of last years elk, antelope and vegetables the next month. My buddy is active military so he probably has a leg up me. I have always been athletic and able to drop weight pretty fast.

You are toast. Back out and I will take your place! I promise to take many photographs and will put those on a slide show once I arrive back home.

Enjoy yourself and work towards the hunt on your workouts and just keep a positive attitude and have a great time!

Daniel_M

WKR
Cutting carbs isn't always the answer, I thrive on them. 55% of my diet is carbs and I'm still losing a little blubber @ 2500 maintenance calories a day but I'm racking up the vertical feet every week.

I'd work at the weight you're at, you drop plenty in the hills and won't feel lethargic.

Wan2gobak

FNG
Lace up the shoes and get walking. Think of the fun you will have and do what you can to get ready. Anything is better than nothing and just don't over do it. Good luck👍

Definitely. You don't want to get hurt overdoing it and not be able to go at all.

TWGator

FNG
How old are you? like others have said just throw on a Pack and start eating healthy the older you add the longer it takes to get in shape