Carolina Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

freshta

WKR
Sounds good. I plan on hunting and maybe a little fly fishing up there in October now that my elk hunt is cancelled.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a few minutes away from NC mountains and I'm interested in this as well. Pleasantly surprised to see there are a few Carolina folks here.

ahawk116

FNG
Clemson sc here, but I make it into western North Carolina pretty regularly chasing trout and backpacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
I would be interested. Why don't a few of us look into what it takes to get started. I'll start doing some digging. Need a new extracurricular activity since the archery club I was in has dissolved.

I would bet if you bring the $$$$ it would be cake to set up.

OP
trickytross
Charleston SC here. Used to live in Asheville and my inlaws still do, make it up there fairly regularly

Shoot yea. I live just outside of Asheville. Hopefully once we get everything set up, we can do a pint night here and I wouldn't mind riding down for one in your neck of the woods

OP
trickytross
Finally have an update. An email was sent last week from Edward Nickens about doing some pint nights and getting everything started. Is everyone in this thread a member?

Cbulla

FNG
High Point here and very interested!

Finally have an update. An email was sent last week from Edward Nickens about doing some pint nights and getting everything started. Is everyone in this thread a member?

I'm not a member yet because there was never anything really local to be a member of. I'll probably look into becoming a member now things are moving forward.

OP
trickytross
If you are not a member, I encourage you to join. Or at least look more into BHA. Looking like we may be having a pint night in the fall in Raleigh. I reckon we will see what happens

Pmringer

WKR
We are going to be having another pint night somewhere in Charlotte in a few weeks. I ran into a fellow member at South Mountain Game Lands yesterday and we discussed it. There is a lot of interest but we just need to make sure we keep the momentum up since the organizers seem to be a little spotty on communication at the moment.