Hush. New low in the high country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trial153

WKR
I followed them on Instagram, the little bit I am on there. I just unsubscribed. I have no use for that shit.

Last edited:
I followed them on Instagram, the little bit I am on there. I just unsubscribed. I have no use for that shit.

I unfollowed the Instagram when he posted a pic of himself flexing shirtless, made sure I unsubscribed from their Youtube as well and since I don't drink the Mt Op's Koolaid I'm all good.

ozyclint

WKR
You cant fault the Hush guys. I mean if someone offered to pay for you to go to New Zealand and kill a Giant Stag and a tahr and chamois for free I find it hard to believe anyone on here would turn it down.

depends on the style of hunt they offered to pay for. if this was the deal i'd say no way. but DIY on public land where true hunting and adventure awaits then i would go for it.

better to go and do it the proper way, shoot nothing and preserve your integrity.

Last edited:

Nuke Man

WKR
Hush...the boy band of the hunting community. There are real hunters, then there are the made for tv hunters.

Just watched the video. Pretty lame they would associate their brand and their style of hunting with that. Hey, they found a niche and were able to cash in. They made flat bills great again. I think I've had it to this point with them and their fanboys. Thanks for bringing on the wave of "bro hunters".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much different than the HF hunts in Africa where people sit in blinds near the only water sources for 20 miles...sources that are covered at night. Saw a family "hunt" in Namibia on TV recently and thought, ambushing animals crazy with thirst isn't hunting. Running down game by air is no different.

Not much different than the HF hunts in Africa where people sit in blinds near the only water sources for 20 miles...sources that are covered at night. Saw a family "hunt" in Namibia on TV recently and thought, ambushing animals crazy with thirst isn't hunting. Running down game by air is no different.

The problem is that these "bros" are all about fair chase hunting and they have now tarnished their image immensely. There comes a point in your life where you have to stop and ask yourself, "is this right?" And they apparently didn't feel that way. I can honestly say 100% that I would not participate in what they did. Looks like they will lose some flat bill sales after this.

ozyclint

WKR

agreed. while i'm not against pit blind hunting, it is something i would want to take the time to setup if i were to do it. scout the area, pick the spot, setup the blind. all this is part of the hunt for me. going to africa and being told 'sit here and shoot when they come', does nothing for me. if i ever went to africa i would want to immerse myself in the place; feel the sand between my toes, get dust on my sweaty brow and smell what is africa.......not stare at the inside of a blind.

ozyclint

WKR
The problem is that these "bros" are all about fair chase hunting and they have now tarnished their image immensely. There comes a point in your life where you have to stop and ask yourself, "is this right?"

yep, much better to just do it properly and accept that hunting involves uncertainty and come home with your integrity intact.

colersu22

WKR
Im surprised no one comments on the shot choices they make in some of their videos.

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
I mean if someone offered to pay for you to go to New Zealand and kill a Giant Stag and a tahr and chamois for free I find it hard to believe anyone on here would turn it down

Believe it. I wouldnt be interested. In fact id be embarrassed to have those heads on my wall. What i have on my wall might not make the books, but i can feel proud of all of it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Never heard heard of them, but the comments got me to watch the video.

Disgusted but not surprised.

Rest assure you weren't the only one living under a rock. I had never heard of these Hush guys prior to this thread, apparently I need to get out more. :)

flippertn

FNG
I love the "fire bull" video. Sits in camp chair. Flings arrow at 90 yards. Gets 6 inches of penetration. Wouldn't you know it..sits in the same camo chair day or two later. Same bull. Same shot. Miracle. Flings arrow at 90 yards. Has to wait overnight to track. I would venture a guess that the meat spoiled. But who cares man they got those giant antlers. And voila instant fame. Blah blah blah

OP
skaldugwas
This thread should be locked. There is nothing of value in terms of meaniful content.

Discussing the importance of "hunters" posting content on social media that could hurt hunter perception in the eyes of non hunters (who aren't yet against hunting) isn't important? Don't read it then.

"hunters" shooting animals behind a high fence or having them chased to them by a helicopter then trying to pass it off as an extreme high country hunt isn't relevant? Sorry you got a crease in your firebull flatty

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
The problem is they are trying to pass it off as a real hunt on social media, same as the mountain ops crew
This is how I feel. I don't care if that's what you are into. Just don't pass it off as a real hunt, that's not what it is.

Sent using my Galaxy s7 via the U.S. Postal Service

Status
Not open for further replies.