Hush. New low in the high country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent them a message on Instagram about it and this was their response:

You can't think about NZ and the US in the same fashion. Did you know that you can hunt all of those animals every single day of the year? And that there is no bag limit and no tag or license required....you could shoot 25 a day and you could leave them lay 365 days a year.

Apples vs. oranges. We get it, it's way different. But, the animals are invasive species. Just like hogs in the US. Who are we to tell them how to manage their animals.

The Gov't. even has a bounty at times... Where they pay people per tail.

We realize it's hard to put your head around it you haven't been there but we shared the experience of what happened. It's what they do. Not something we'd do again but we keep an open mind to different things.

The US and NZ are just very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
The US and NZ are very different, but there are some very wild remote places in NZ where you can hunt. Just like there are high fenced places in the US where you can "hunt". I choose to hunt wild fair chase critters on public land in the US and if I chose to travel to NZ I'd hunt wild fair chase critters there too.

OP
skaldugwas
Apparently ethics aren't transferrable when you jump continents? Some one should call Rinella let him know he doesnt have to climb mountains in NZ anymore to kill something, he can just fly. "When in Rome" pier pressure only works BEFORE you are called out on it and when we have context. If they would have been upfront and owned the adventure I wouldn't give it a second thought or even watched the video in the first place. But when they edit out the helicopter chasing the chamois towards the guns and try to add this hunt to their catalogue of fair chase american hunts, i kinda feel like Hush and MTN OPs are misrepresenting themselves.

jaredlef

FNG
That answer is a complete cop-out. The Hush crew is clearly unable to distinguish between what's legal and what's ethical. Pretty disappointing. I hope there's enough fallout from this video that they start to think about their choices more critically.

yeah that answer is complete and udder b.s. I also liked how they were deleting comments on instagram when people started calling them out

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I would kill hogs this way in a heartbeat. The only way it would be better is with a minigun.

I've got way too much shit to worry about than hush shooting rodents in another country.

Whats next, save the Zebra Mussel?

Flat bills should be illegal though!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.