Who would use these Ozonics products for big game? Poll

Would you use Ozonics products for Western Big Game?

• Yes

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • No

Votes: 95 96.9%

• Total voters
I hunt whitetails from treestands and ground blinds, no way I would spend the money on one for whitetails and considering that is probably the best scenario for using one I don't see any justification for using one in any other situation. Just my opinion.

Bughalli

WKR
I hunt whitetails from treestands and ground blinds, no way I would spend the money on one for whitetails and considering that is probably the best scenario for using one I don't see any justification for using one in any other situation. Just my opinion.

+1 for what he said. I'm a big advocate on scent control, for whitetails and out west, but I have no interest in Ozonics

mrgreen

WKR
I used the Ozonics 200 about 5 years ago. It was one of the things I was willing to try to get my 12 y.o. son his first deer. My It Worked For Me story might be different then most;
2 or 3 mornings after my son finished his thermos of hot cocoa he badly needed to take a ....well you know. I had a setup in the blind so he could do his business. I praise the people at Ozonics, 12 hours in that blind- I was very happy I couldn't smell it at all (you can only tie a trash bag so tight).
I'm also happy to say that after he got his deer I was able to sell the Ozonics for nearly the price I paid.

Bottom line, I do believe it works pretty good, but it can't do anything about the scent molecules you leave all around on your way to the treestand/blind/ambush spot. So I would not carry it in for a backpack western style hunt. Or a day hunt for that matter.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
The line in the HR300 description/features about EPA requirements cracks me up; EPA does not recommend the use of ozone generators and states clearly that exposure to ozone from ozone generators is harmful. I searched the EPA site quite a bit and couldn’t find anything about the use of a scent eliminating ozone generators for outdoor use. I know ozone generators do work at eliminating odors/scent. So I suppose the clothing unit works as well as those that are used in vehicles. The personal units should work especially in stationary situations; but I just wouldn’t want to expose myself to it and there is the whole adding ozone to the environment thing even though in the grand scheme of things it is a small amount. Also, ozone will damage plastic, nylon, elastic, and other synthetic materials; so I don’t know how good it would be for repeated exposure to your hunting cloths and such. So no, never, nope for me for any ozone type product.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, I'm doubtful of its effectiveness but more concerning to me is the fact that in my mind knowing that ozone is terribly toxic any concentration that would effectively limit my scent in a blind etc is not worth the health risks.
Rather worry about wind direction than inhaling a known carcinogen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

WKR
Not a chance. Wouldn't waste money on them for the whitetail stand either. Only thing that works is the wind in your face no matter what the snake oil salesmen say...

^^^This^^^
No thanks. Even the slightest breeze is going to blow the alleged ozone in the wrong direction. How would you even know if it's actually doing anything?
Having your lucky rabbits foot in your pocket would be just as effective.

Negative for me. I've used scent eliminating sprays, scent eliminating clothing etc, and still got busted when the wind wasn't right. Play the wind. And when it suddenly switches on you and that buck/bull of a lifetime smells you and bolts, just chalk it up as part of hunting and move on with life.

Billinsd

WKR
Sounds very interesting!! Just like anything else, it would take a strong recommendation from an intelligent, honest, experienced hunter that I trusted. Or some field tests on wild deer and/or elk. The price is high. I sure wouldn't be the first to buy it, but I never am anyway. I always welcome useful, and economical hunting technology that can add more enjoyment to my hunts by being more confident and successful!!! Cheers Bill

Last edited:

Rolando

FNG
I'm not a western hunter, so I didn't vote, but I have used one for hunting KY whitetails enough to think they work.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and if you put the same poll on Archery Talk you would likely flip the results.

Sure, but they wanted to know what western hunters thought and I think the message is clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finch

WKR
Just my personal belief here but I refuse to carry a machine into the woods to try and hide my scent. Wonder what some old timers that did it the hard way (much harder than we do) would say about this. Turning in their grave...

Gr8bawana

WKR
Just my personal belief here but I refuse to carry a machine into the woods to try and hide my scent. Wonder what some old timers that did it the hard way (much harder than we do) would say about this. Turning in their grave...

Nothing was ever killed in the old days because there was no kuiu camo to wear.