I won something !

So I entered the Kuiu Gear giveaway through the people at " The Mountain Project" on Instagram, this morning I got an email telling me I had won a Kuiu Super Down sleeping bag ;) I was shocked because I don't ever win anything lol Well my family was like, "that's cool" but I knew you folks might actually appreciate it ! :p

Anyhow, I am excited and thankful for it and can't wait to get it here and check it out, anyone use them ? Any experience with how they do ? Thanks !

weaver

WKR
Congrats! I won a superdown bag on Gohunt last year. I'd never pay the price they're asking for one but they are very nice bags.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyhow, I am excited and thankful for it and can't wait to get it here and check it out, anyone use them ? Any experience with how they do?

This came up when the bags first came out.

Quoting Aron, "The Kuiu bag is basically a Marmot Plasma with 2 extra inches in the chest area. It also has treated down and is sewn in the same factory as the Marmot Plasma bags.

I would guess that the temp rating is accurate, as they were tested by a 3rd party ( EN rated).

See link for info on EN testing/rating http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advi...ckpacking.html"

I've been toying with the idea of getting one after two of my buddies have been using them for a few years now. They spend 30+ days a year guiding and absolutely LOVE them. Price is a downside for sure but can't beat your price though!

OP
S
This came up when the bags first came out.

Quoting Aron, "The Kuiu bag is basically a Marmot Plasma with 2 extra inches in the chest area. It also has treated down and is sewn in the same factory as the Marmot Plasma bags.

I would guess that the temp rating is accurate, as they were tested by a 3rd party ( EN rated).

See link for info on EN testing/rating http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advi...ckpacking.html"

I've been toying with the idea of getting one after two of my buddies have been using them for a few years now. They spend 30+ days a year guiding and absolutely LOVE them. Price is a downside for sure but can't beat your price though!

Thanks for that ! I have a BA long /wide so I am hoping that my tossing turning slide sleeping big behind will fit in it ...lol I will check out that link

DRUSS

WKR
I like mine it's a 15 degree. Should have got a 30. I sleep warm and mine is warmer than I normally need. Only used it couple trips so far though. Wish I could have got your deal on it...

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
congrats. I have entered so many of these gear giveaways and never won anything I was wondering if they were even real! haha

dotman

WKR
Seriously, it's a crap ass sleeping bag that you'll be risky your life in, I wouldn't be happy getting it even for free!

....... send to me asap for disposal 😜

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations! Finding someone who wins these is like finding a leprechaun.

I'll cover shipping if sent to me for disposal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk