Good places to live in Washington?

husky390

WKR
Hypothetical question.

If I were to accept a job that required relocating to Washington, what cities would you recommend? The only major requirement I have is a medium size city or good sized town that's an hour from a major airport. Definitely not interested in living in Seattle.

Also, what are the gun laws like there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wawhitey

Lil-Rokslider
Id look within your hour drive of spokane airport. Northeast wa is a good area, with good hunting. Cheap real estate too. Gun laws arent bad, but they are constantly under attack. Stay the hell away from the puget sound.

nazca

FNG
Define 'major' airport. Sea-Tac is the only one in the state that might qualify. But your options for direct flights to both domestic & international destinations are far more limited than a true major airport like LAX, SFO, ORD, ATL, JFK/LGA/EWR, etc.

If you spend your life on the road, direct flights make things a lot more pleasant. So I guess it depends on how often you're flying & to what destinations.

WRO

WKR
Coeur d lane Idaho, better hunting, within 1 hour of Spokane airport

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
WTF!! WRO is dead wrong

CDA sucks!!

Isn't that the place where people who can afford to not live in Spokane go?

Plus Idaho has better hunting and only an hour away from Montana. Best of all worlds

As for the Puget sound area it isn't bad if you get away from the cities

Enumclaw and surrounding areas. South of Olympia not too bad.

As stated gun laws always under attack. The transfer/sale law is the biggest one
Cpl is easy to get

WRO

WKR
Isn't that the place where people who can afford to not live in Spokane go?

Plus Idaho has better hunting and only an hour away from Montana. Best of all worlds

As for the Puget sound area it isn't bad if you get away from the cities

Enumclaw and surrounding areas. South of Olympia not too bad.

As stated gun laws always under attack. The transfer/sale law is the biggest one
Cpl is easy to get

I heard it's where mega rich outdoor website owners reside..

muddydogs

WKR
How about Palouse, nice quiet little town 15 miles North of Moscow Id or Pullman Wa and about an hour South of Spokane.

HookUp

WKR
Washington offers rainforest, deserts, mountains and $&#t tons of people. What are you looking for?

OP
H

husky390

WKR
Washington offers rainforest, deserts, mountains and $&#t tons of people. What are you looking for?

Mountains and woods. Some place not jammed with people and libtards so not Denver. I'd be looking for an area that's within an hour or two from forest lands, an hour from the airport, and where I can have a big shed and my neighbors aren't looking in my backyard over a fence.

Should I get this job, I could live in WA, OR, ID, or MT.

WRO

WKR
Mountains and woods. Some place not jammed with people and libtards so not Denver. I'd be looking for an area that's within an hour or two from forest lands, an hour from the airport, and where I can have a big shed and my neighbors aren't looking in my backyard over a fence.

Should I get this job, I could live in WA, OR, ID, or MT.

Hood river oregon in sweet..

I'm in SW Washington, 30 miles north of Portland. The only redeeming quality of this side of the Cascade's is the fishing, river and ocean. If you are more interested in hunting, and Spokane's airport will suit your needs, look there or CDA.

As far as Portland metro area locales Hood River/White salmon is right at 1 hour but both have plenty of libtards. If u can justify another 30 min drive from PDX, consider The Dalles or Trout Lake. Only downside I can think of is that I-84 between Portland and Hood River gets shut down for ice occasionally in winter.

Feel free to PM me if the Portland Metro area ends up on your short list and I'll hit you with some more Cliff Clavin-isms.

F Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I have been considering moving to WA in a few years but undecided. I have been looking up around Chewelah. Away from the city but close enough to fly back n forth for work. Idaho would much better match me but income tax is more than I want to pay. Montana is great if you work outside the state. Wages vs cost of living are rough there. Oregon income tax but no sales tax. So I've been reading about areas with low crime, peaceful. There are good cities from coast to Idaho, look up some stuff and take a road trip is my plan. Spend some time camping in the area and see what trips my trigger. Another is property tax. Use Zillow and compare. If you are paying 500 tax and ins before house payment starts it's checked of my list. So far I've whittled it down to Prosser, Chewelah, Palouse, Moses lake area, possibly Tri cities. This is all based on crime rates, housing cost, taxes, but no boots on the ground yet.

muddydogs

WKR
You could live in Montana? Throw WA and OR out the door and get looking for a place in MT, if you don't want to live in one of the best hunting and recreating states around then look into ID as its a close second to MT.

nazca

FNG
From a pure hunting perspective, if you can live in MT, then live in MT.
However, if you have to fly outside of the PNW, it will be a huge pain. Not sure how the tax & cost of living looks in comparison to WA.
The winters will be colder but dryer than western WA (personal preference as to which is better).

If you need to live near a big airport & like hunting CO is hard to beat, 'libtards' aside. The grass is always greener.

The other challenge with moving outside of a major center is if you want to switch jobs down the road, it likely means you have to move. Doubly complicated if you have a spouse who works.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
If it was me I'd stay away from Portland area if possible. Getting to be a complete donkey f&ck in my humble opinion. Tons of traffic and tons of bums. We keep punching in bike lanes and trolley cars and condos while the cars keep piling up. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to you wherever you end up.