Shit out of luck

If you checked the USPS tracking from a computer, the history of websites visited may still have the information. I just went back in my history and was able to view the tracking information from a package that was delivered directly to me on June 27.

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
None of the delivery services would have paid in these circumstances. The carrier scanned the package delivered. The USPS scanners have GPS so the location it was scanned delivered can be verified. I'm a rural mail carrier, they can track everything using our scanners. It might be a first lite problem and not USPS. I'd have the post master check the delivery info.

Sent using my Galaxy s7 via the U.S. Postal Service

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
None of the delivery services would have paid in these circumstances. The carrier scanned the package delivered. The USPS scanners have GPS so the location it was scanned delivered can be verified. I'm a rural mail carrier, they can track everything using our scanners. It might be a first lite problem and not USPS. I'd have the post master check the delivery info.

Sent using my Galaxy s7 via the U.S. Postal Service

The post office here in town isn't working with me at all. They claim that all information in their system gets deleted everyday so unless I have that receipt there's nothing I can do. I even talked to the manager who was a piece of work. I have the card I used and the date and the amount all on file seems like them not having anything on file is absolute BS.

I've been in contact with FL everyday, and told them it was delivered somewhere, and I confirmed the right address but sounds like theyre not going to do anything about it unless I can show them proof of a tracking number that says it was delivered to their warehouse. The guy did mention that returns have "slipped through the cracks" before, but nothing I can do without a receipt.

I tried calling the post offices in Boise ID, where FL is located, but there's atleast five post offices there and no way to find out which one it was delivered out of.

I'm out $300. Someone's up some currogate guide pants. Hopefully someone who needed them

I've sure had my problems with the USPS. But, this sounds like it could go both ways. It was delivered somewhere according to you. So, get a copy of that info and take it to the post office and, give it to FL. See where that takes you. If none of that worked, I'd then see about stopping payment. Good luck and God Bless

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
UPDATE:
First Lite called today and said they found the pants. They got lost in their system somehow so wasn't USPS at all. Refund in process

Gr8bawana

WKR
So all this time you've been pissed off and badmouthing the USPS when they had ZERO fault. Nice!

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't read the whole thread, but even if you have a tracking number you're SOL unless you have insurance on it. I went through this 2 weeks ago.

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
So all this time you've been pissed off and badmouthing the USPS when they had ZERO fault. Nice!

I don't think I bad mouthed them really. Everything I said was a fact. But yeah hard to believe FL messed this one up. I guess it's real busy for them this time of year

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a stack of receipts from USPS, Fedex, and UPS sitting here that is probably 3" high from stuff I've shipped out over the last year. I'll eventually throw it all away, but for now they sit here on my desk.

D_Eightch

WKR
That's USPS.

I had an order from camofire "delivered". Was not delivered to me so after going back and forth with the Post Office and them telling me there wasn't anything they could do since they already delivered it I got a hold of camofire and let them know. They sent what I ordered plus threw in extra (Not what I expected, but there's a pitch for their customer service)
2 days later my original package showed up. Opened with writing in marker "delivered to wrong address". So I returned the 2nd package to camofire.

So in your case I would check back with First Lite just to make sure it didn't eventually end up back to them.

I didn't read the whole thread, but even if you have a tracking number you're SOL unless you have insurance on it. I went through this 2 weeks ago.

Everything shipped thru USPS is supposed to have a $50 insurance included, no extra fee. Look on your receipt from the post office, it states it on there.
UPS includes $100 for no extra fee

I got a lesson from UPS on how they track packages. I bought some once fired brass from a guy in Texas. He shipped it and sent me the tracking numbers. It supposedly took two days to get from Texas to Kentucky. Then it sat in my hometown UPS until I called 3 days later. When I asked about it and they really delved into what happened. Once that package is assigned a pallet, the tracking number on the pallet is all that is scanned. They don't scan every package, at all the stops along the way, just the pallet, or semi trailer in some instances. My package fell off the pallet somewhere in Texas. It somehow showed up in sort facility in Miami. I guess it stayed on the plane until someone saw it. The whole time I was "tracking" the package, all I was really tracking was the pallet it was originally put on.

Just food for thought when watching your package travel across the country.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I got a lesson from UPS on how they track packages. I bought some once fired brass from a guy in Texas. He shipped it and sent me the tracking numbers. It supposedly took two days to get from Texas to Kentucky. Then it sat in my hometown UPS until I called 3 days later. When I asked about it and they really delved into what happened. Once that package is assigned a pallet, the tracking number on the pallet is all that is scanned. They don't scan every package, at all the stops along the way, just the pallet, or semi trailer in some instances. My package fell off the pallet somewhere in Texas. It somehow showed up in sort facility in Miami. I guess it stayed on the plane until someone saw it. The whole time I was "tracking" the package, all I was really tracking was the pallet it was originally put on.

Just food for thought when watching your package travel across the country.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. This was my first incident with USPS and I use them a lot for amazon purchases siince I don't live in an area with a lot of options to go for stuff. Situation is resolved so next time I'll keep my receipt to avoid all this