Shit out of luck

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Just some words of advice.. I'm learning the hard way if you send something out through USPS and don't keep your receipt with the tracking number, you are SOL! I sent a few pairs of pants back to First Lite a few weeks ago to exchange sizes and tracked the box until it said delivered and threw out the receipt. Three weeks later no refund and FL said they never got it the package! USPS most likely lost it and they said there's no records in the system. Just the piece of paper they give you with the tracking number. If you lose it they don't care. Guess it could be worse but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up to keep those damn receipt

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
No I just walked in to a post office in town and mailed it out

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
wow that sucks. i usually take pics of my receipts id bet they said those dont count huh

Yeah.. just keep wondering how a big box just dissapears.. fell off the truck maybe? I don't know. Hopefully someone who really needed some pants found it

gumbl3

WKR
I bet they got it and they either opened it and separated the packaging, needless to say they have no way to trace it to you and the easier answer is "we never got it". If you tracked it, it should be in your browser history so you can at least present that internet printout

cnelk

WKR
How did you pay USPS?

If you used a credit/debit card. you can take the info from that charge [date/amount] back into the PO and they can look up the transaction details and reprint the receipt for you. Ive done this

If you paid cash... well, you're SOL

Bar

Banned
Here's a PO story. About 5 years ago I ordered a custom built bamboo fly rod from England. It was a lot of money for me to spend, but I really wanted it.

I wait patiently and one day the mailman comes walking up and hands me a half of a tube. It was obvious it was a broken tube and was empty. I looked at the mailman and laughed at him. I asked him if he was joking? He said no and I was close to punching him in the mouth for being stupid.

To make a long story short I got screwed on the whole deal. The seller wouldn't give me the money back and the PO couldn't find the other piece of the tube or the rod (of course they couldn't). I've never used the PO since. I'll use the phone, email, UPS and make all my payments by the bank auto-pay.

KurtR

WKR
i just had a package form first lite delivered to california i live in south dakota. They got it figured out but the PO would f up a wet dream

Gr8bawana

WKR
USPS is the cheapest shipping option there is so I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is true.

So how can a person be sure they don't get screwed when something like this happens? Even if you kept the receipt, and they lost it, it's only covered for whatever it was insured for. So basically all you can do as a shipper is keep the receipt, and make sure you've added enough insurance to cover the contents in the event of a loss.

I love the classified here, but often times, the packages are only insured for the minimum amount ($50). With all of the high price gear that's sold daily, we need to make sure everyone's ass is covered. I always insure my packages for $50 more than the value of the contents just because of stuff like this. Insurance is cheap. Sucks for the OP, but this is a lesson for all of us.

Has anyone ever gone through the claim process with USPS for something that was insured for more than $50? If so, did they pay?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I always use the website click and ship it keeps all your tracking receipts so you never have to worry about loosing your receipt. You can probably go back to that post office and have them look up your transaction with your cc you used. This is also why I insure everything. Priority mail is your friend here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
How did you pay USPS?

If you used a credit/debit card. you can take the info from that charge [date/amount] back into the PO and they can look up the transaction details and reprint the receipt for you. Ive done this

If you paid cash... well, you're SOL

I did pay with a card so I'll go in there today and try that. Thanks

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a PO story. About 5 years ago I ordered a custom built bamboo fly rod from England. It was a lot of money for me to spend, but I really wanted it.

I wait patiently and one day the mailman comes walking up and hands me a half of a tube. It was obvious it was a broken tube and was empty. I looked at the mailman and laughed at him. I asked him if he was joking? He said no and I was close to punching him in the mouth for being stupid.

To make a long story short I got screwed on the whole deal. The seller wouldn't give me the money back and the PO couldn't find the other piece of the tube or the rod (of course they couldn't). I've never used the PO since. I'll use the phone, email, UPS and make all my payments by the bank auto-pay.

That really sucks

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I called the post office here and they claim they can't look it up through the credit card information. Thanks for nothing USPS

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
So how can a person be sure they don't get screwed when something like this happens? Even if you kept the receipt, and they lost it, it's only covered for whatever it was insured for. So basically all you can do as a shipper is keep the receipt, and make sure you've added enough insurance to cover the contents in the event of a loss.

I love the classified here, but often times, the packages are only insured for the minimum amount ($50). With all of the high price gear that's sold daily, we need to make sure everyone's ass is covered. I always insure my packages for $50 more than the value of the contents just because of stuff like this. Insurance is cheap. Sucks for the OP, but this is a lesson for all of us.

Has anyone ever gone through the claim process with USPS for something that was insured for more than $50? If so, did they pay?

Bottom line only way to be insured is to pay for the insurance for the value of the package or more. And keep the receipt. Best part is they can't even give me the $50 it was insured for without the receipt. So I'm just straight up screwed

cnelk

WKR
I called the post office here and they claim they can't look it up through the credit card information. Thanks for nothing USPS

They prob cant look up the credit card info, but I would actually go in, with the date you did the transaction and the amount, ask for the postmaster, research the transaction. It can be done

Prob not a good idea to go in during peak times tho.

Now its a matter of how much time/effort you want to dedicate to the issue - good luck, hope it works out

I despise using the post office. The whole paying for insurance to protect your package from the people you are intrusting to sounds too much like exstorion to me.

Tick

WKR
I despise using the post office. The whole paying for insurance to protect your package from the people you are intrusting to sounds too much like exstorion to me.

I agree and they all do it. Want more money in case they don't do the job you're already paying for. Crazy to me.