Colorado Leftover List is Posted

dotman

WKR
This is screwed up. The tag I want started this morning at 3 tags. Then it went up to 4 tags and I was feeling better. Now it's 2 tags. How can that happen? Nobody can buy a tag now. Where did two tags go to?

I hate the DOW with a passion.

Just look at it as luck if you get one off the list. Only crap tags will not go fast.

dotman

WKR
I thought they were offering them to the people that applied with the most points that didn't draw this year first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is for tags that require 4 res pref pts. They are not on the list supposedly.

Talked to CPW and a lot of the re-issue tags are not on there and not sure if they will be before august 1st. they said they didn't want them on there since there is no "preview list" this year. I'm guessing they will show up on the first???? Or maybe later

OP
B

Bar

Banned
Landyacht......You'll have to show that in writing. I know you need points to get a tag that went for more than 5 points. That's new this year, but going first because you have more points on the tags leftover with 4 points or less would be screwed up.

The tag i'm looking at was probably a 1 point tag. It's nothing special they just didn't offer a lot of them for herd control.

OP
B

Bar

Banned
Talked to CPW and a lot of the re-issue tags are not on there and not sure if they will be before august 1st. they said they didn't want them on there since there is no "preview list" this year. I'm guessing they will show up on the first???? Or maybe later

What reason did they give for not wanting them on the list other than they didn't want to? Some tags that I was sure would be there aren't there. I wonder if that's the reason? I wish they wouldn't do that. It will affect what I go for and it will be too late if they post them on the 1st.

dotman

WKR
What reason did they give for not wanting them on the list other than they didn't want to? Some tags that I was sure would be there aren't there. I wonder if that's the reason? I wish they wouldn't do that. It will affect what I go for and it will be too late if they post them on the 1st.

I think everyone should wait and see what is added.

she was balking when I was calling her out and she gave me a couple reason so they could have been b.s. to get me off the phone. She stated they were trying to avoid the fiasco and all the complaints of last year as to why they are not on there and why there is no preview list this year. She also stated they have not all been processed yet which seemed weird. I also find it weird that tag quantities have changed, yet the updated date and time hasn't. I thought everytime the list got edited the time and date stamp on the top left corner updated??

TXCO

WKR
Turned it tags for archery had to be postmarked by the 25th/26th so those should have the most variance as the stragglers arrive in the mail.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Compared to last year, there isn't much on the list. I'll see what it looks like Tuesday morning. Not much I see to sit out for hours and wait for. But of course, I'm not much for sitting regardless of what's available.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Question regarding leftover tags. Say I was wanting a muley tag in a unit that would normally cost 3 points and now that tag is available on the leftover list. I know it's first come first served but will it still cost 3 points or is it essentially an OTC tag now?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It won't cost you 3 points, but it's not an OTC tag.

The only tags that will cost you points are the 5-point and better tags as they go down the list and offer them to folks. But apparently after trying 5 people with no takers they'll put them on the leftover list, which I assume won't cost any points. But I wouldn't expect 5 people to pass up the tags.

Squirrels

WKR
I have a question for experienced guys, my hunting partner and I may try to snag a couple tags from the list. If we call in while we are actually together in person can we tell them we need 2 for the particular unit before moving forward? Don't want to get into a mess where one of us gets one and then we try and get a second and it is already sold. Apologies for my ignorance in advance.

OP
B

Bar

Banned
I'd be surprised if you get through on the phone. I'd wait in line if you're in Colorado.

I have a question for experienced guys, my hunting partner and I may try to snag a couple tags from the list. If we call in while we are actually together in person can we tell them we need 2 for the particular unit before moving forward? Don't want to get into a mess where one of us gets one and then we try and get a second and it is already sold. Apologies for my ignorance in advance.

I tried calling last year and it was busy all day. May not be so bad this year with most tags not being very desirable.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I also wouldn't expect to get two tags, unless there are 50+ available. But in that case, they're a leftover and not a re-issue tag so they'll most likely still be available Wednesday on the internet.

dotman

WKR
I just noticed some tags are increasing and not decreasing, so maybe it did crash. I kind of surprised it would crash, not that many good tags in the leftovers.

I wonder who the lucky person is that got the sheep tag, talk about lucky getting it on a leftover list without burning points.

Last edited: