Colorado Leftover List is Posted

oldgoat

WKR
Got all excited and started going through motions to buy a tag and figured out they aren't for sell yet

dotman

WKR
So is the sheep tag on the list because there is a max 3pts then it goes weighted?

• Banned
OP
B

Bar

Banned
Got all excited and started going through motions to buy a tag and figured out they aren't for sell yet

Yes, get in line early. Guys will be doing that all over the state. I'm in line at 3am and still someone else in the state will beat me. First come first served. If there's only one tag available you'll need lottery luck to get it.

• Banned
OP
B

Bar

Banned
I believe you can't call to do it until the next day. They want us to suffer and wait in line.

• Banned
OP
B

Bar

Banned
I just went and looked. I'm wrong. You can do it by phone. It's doing it online that's the next day. I doubt you'd get through on the phone, but it's worth a try if you aren't that serious about getting the tag. Those waiting in line will have the edge.

Finch

WKR
Would it be a safe assumption that all of the archery tags will be sold out by the time it is open for online sales? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of leftovers to begin with for archery.

• Banned
OP
B

Bar

Banned
Would it be a safe assumption that all of the archery tags will be sold out by the time it is open for online sales? It doesn't seem like there are a lot of leftovers to begin with for archery.

How many tags are available that you want?

Ray

WKR
When there are hundreds of pronghorn tags across several units, does that mean the units are mostly private land and nobody puts in for the tags, or there are no animals and nobody puts in for the tags, or is it the period of the hunt? AF110L1R is the example with 640 left over tags and all of December.

Squirrels

WKR
When there are hundreds of pronghorn tags across several units, does that mean the units are mostly private land and nobody puts in for the tags, or there are no animals and nobody puts in for the tags, or is it the period of the hunt? AF110L1R is the example with 640 left over tags and all of December.

Doe only tag you are looking at for starters. Could be part of the reason.

Wouldn't it be easier to call rather than wait in line?

I tried doing the calling bit last year as there were some pretty attractive tags available and I struck out on my draws. I figured I wouldn't be lucky enough to get one of those but some of the lesser tags that are limited entry but can be drawn with 0 pref points I would have still taken. I didn't get through for the 1st-45 mins. I started trying @ 5 minutes before they advertised they were accepting calls and called repeatedly for the duration until I got through.... at that point everything, even the less attractive tags were taken. They update the left over list every minute so when your preferred tags get taken you can stop calling, I didn't know that at the time.... The guys that waited in line had far better luck.

OP
B

Bar

Banned
Another thing I just noticed that I hadn't in the past. Keep checking the list all the way up to Aug 1st. I just noticed another tag added to the one i'm after. So, that's a moving list now and not just after it opens.

cnelk

WKR
NEW - ​The Reissue Process

​The reissue of big game limited licenses will begin on August 1, 2017.

​There will no longer be a reissue preview list.

All returned licenses that take 4 or less Preference Points in the current years draw will be available for purchase the week after processing is complete.

Hunt codes will randomly be placed on the current leftover and leftover OTC with cap lists on business days from 9 AM to 4 PM.​​ ​​
For more information, please visit the License Refund and Reissue page.​​​​​​​​​​​​​

OP
B

Bar

Banned
So they say, but i've seen two changes so far. It's pretty obvious when it's a tag i'm going after. It was 3 tags this morning and now it's 4 tags.

OP
B

Bar

Banned
I think it was 10 or so.

You have good odds if you stand in line. I wouldn't wait for online sales unless it's a bad tag. You can judge it somewhat by how many were offered to begin with.

OP
B

Bar

Banned
This is screwed up. The tag I want started this morning at 3 tags. Then it went up to 4 tags and I was feeling better. Now it's 2 tags. How can that happen? Nobody can buy a tag now. Where did two tags go to?

I hate the DOW with a passion.

LandYacht

WKR
I thought they were offering them to the people that applied with the most points that didn't draw this year first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk