Pissed! Supraspinatus and Infraspinatus are out

Mmcan

WKR
Knew it when it happened, still hurts everyday after 8 weeks, and finally got an MRI to confirm. Will need surgery but I'm going to try to sky draw my way through elk season and get it fixed in October. My question for those who have already had your rotator cuff surgically repaired, how long was it until you could shoot your bow again???

dang that's rough man.. sorry to hear.
i had shoulder surgery when i was in highschool before i bow hunted, and the one piece of advice i can give you is to stay very diligent with whatever PT they give you, and don't rush back into anything.
re injuring before fully healed is bad news.

OP
M

Mmcan

WKR
Complete or partial tears?

MRI CD will be given to my surgeon on Monday. Doubt its complete since I have some motion capability w those muscles when they're isolated by internally rotating my outstretched arm. Makes it where I'm not using my deltoid or other rotator cuff muscles. I can draw 40 lbs and hold it by sky drawing and using other muscles in my back and shoulder. Doing some resistance exercises in my pool and w some elastic bands for now. Looking forward to what he says once he's had a chance to review the CD.

FlyGuy

WKR
Shoulder injuries can be slow to heal due to low blood flow. Be careful and don't over do it.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

NV HUNTER

WKR
Each case is different. I played minor league baseball and had 2 different operations on my right throwing shoulder. One was about 8 months of rehab the other was 13 months of rehab. Like stated before do your rehab (they should do rehab to gain strength before surgery) and everyones time table is different. good luck

mrgreen

WKR
Shoulder injuries can be slow to heal due to low blood flow. Be careful and don't over do it.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this, hope your season works out.

I completely agree with Flyguy.
I had shoulder surgery when I was a teen (accident/trauma) swimming finally restored full feeling and function. Look into it as part of rehab.

OP
M

Mmcan

WKR
How'd you do that?

Doing one arm bent over rows to exhaustion, holding the weight like you would on a sustained draw, and then letting it down slowly. Purposefully changed which muscles I was using while letting the weight down, also like you'd do while holding to rest your muscles a bit. Arm/shoulder gave way with tha transition. Knew it was torn right away.

Sucks getting old. Have lifted hard for years w very few issues. Probably don't need to be doing much more of that at 55.